Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

An old Hank Williams tune covered by Johnny Cash and Nick Cage together.

Been awhile ... too long, really. I hope all is well in Ukulele Wonderland. Had the house to myself for the first time in a long time and decided to really belt out some parts of this one. Felt good.

This selection is a bit of a stretch, but it includes the lyrics "everything inside is made of stone," which made me think of a cave.

thanks John for this week.
this, a Richard Buckner song from the Since LP (1998).

That's a nice start folks.The whole gamut of subterranean options being explored.
Playlist is up to date.Let me know if you've been accidentally missed.

The Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds performance on Austin City Limits was introduced as "an hour of dark pop." Cool.

Been awhile ... too long, really. I hope all is well in Ukulele Wonderland. Had the house to myself for the first time in a long time and decided to really belt out some parts of this one. Felt good.

This selection is a bit of a stretch, but it includes the lyrics "everything inside is made of stone," which made me think of a cave.

Nicely done Tomcat, I enjoyed it.:)

Ahoy everybody.
I have missed the past three seasons even though I recorded a song for one of them (I didn't find the time to translate and subtitle the song - I will keep that project for a later date).
These will be my only submission for the time being as work has been hectic lately and this week I am going on a short holiday and will be ukuleleless.
See you again in season 404

Into My Arms - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Henry Lee - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (feat. PJ Harvey)

OK, I'd never heard of Nick Cave, but wanted to try at least one of his songs for this week. Wow, his music is rather dark! A bit out of my comfort zone, but here goes, just learned it 1/2 hour ago, 1-take into the cellphone: "There Is A Light", which was featured in one of the Batman movies. I like it, a cool, driving song, but some of his fans considered it a sell-out. I guess it's hard being a badass.

Last edited:

I am straying way out of my comfort zone here, very nervous to put my version of this up. But here is ‘Into My Arms’ by Mr Cave.

an original song for the season.

THE WELL

Live and live to tell. Live and live to tell. Love is like water & she is the well where I drink & I live to tell.
There's blood on her track. There's blood on her track & I drank of her letter 'til the candle burned black the night I spilt blood on her track. Every word is true. Every word is true & I'd burn 'em all for a picture of you, sweet child. Every word is true. So weep on my grave. Weep on my grave & pray for the souls your poor heart couldn't save oh, while you weep on my grave and take that silver band. Take that silver band. As Jesus sits by the good Lord's right hand, child, take back that silver band. For the light shines deep within. The light shines deep within. Love the poor sinner & hate the sinful light deep within.
I live and live to tell. Live and live to tell. Love is like water & she is the well where I drink & I live to tell.

Rave On

Looking back, I see I've done quite a few covers of Nick Cave songs for the Seasons, and also covered quite a few of the songs he himself has covered. So this is one that 'rhymes with Cave': 'Rave On' (takes 1 & 2).

Top Bottom