Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

As young Mr Grace said "You've all done very well"...(obscure British comedy reference).
Keep 'em coming.
I would have liked to have done "The carnival is over" or "Love's been good to me". A couple of songs NC has covered.I may not get time.So if anyone wants to take up the cudgel for either of them?

Terrific theme John. Specific yet wide ranging and plenty of opportunity for people to bring something along....
paoriginal for season 403

will see if I can bring the closing carnival along....

Nobody’s done this yet, so ...

a poem by Edgar Lee Masters from Spoon River Anthology (1915)
and set to music by Richard Buckner on The Hill (2000)

Found time for a down and dirty version of Knockin' On Heaven's Door. It makes an appearance in Season 5 of Peaky Blinders. Really a great theme and lot of great entries John, thanks again for hosting ~

So I was looking for a Nick Cave song to cover and I came across a very slow version
by Cat power and I thought that's for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzC4...
which is about half the tempo of the Nick Cave original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TI8x...
I wonder who he is singing about. I don't think it is is a love song about a girl...
to me it is more of a creation song about God... all scripture is breathed out by God,
and in this case a song by the angsty punk Nick Cave. A sort of Cat Stevens Morning has broken.

As young Mr Grace said "You've all done very well"...(obscure British comedy reference).

Oh, yes ... I know to what you refer! (And we have, haven't we?)

"Are you free Mr. Lucas?"
"I'm free" (in falsetto voice)

Jazz standard by the Gershwins Giorge and Ira.Part of the lyric"Gibralter May tumble"

The Genesis concept album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" takes place mostly underground, so a few of the songs mention caves in the lyrics. This is one of them.

I saw this on a songs Nick Cave has covered list .What surprised me that it was...(Hey Joe...Tim Rose).
Turns out the Hendrix song was a really true cover of Tim Rose's song-which itself was a cover.The actual writer maybe Billy Roberts from 1962 .But that is also disputed.
Anyway it's fun to sing.And the Tim Rose acoustic version (pre Jimi) is equal to Jimi's if not better.
There were several versions before Jimi , including The Byrds.I didn't like their version.

i LOVE "are you being served?"! (and i am unanimous in that!)

I have a feeling that no one outside the UK and Oz (well, John, anyway) will have the faintest idea what we're talking about!
I’m staggered that the conversation has reached this point without any mention of Mrs Slocombe’s pussy! :D

I’m staggered that the conversation has reached this point without any mention of Mrs Slocombe’s pussy! :D

hahahaha...despite all your internet problems you use your last megabyte to comment on Mrs Slocombe's pussy! Life was hard for the poor little double entendre.

Top Bottom