Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season 403 : Exploring the Cave and Beyond

Sorry to miss the last season and most of this week. I jammed a couple of fingers and they are only just back to feeling somewhat normal. This one’s miles away from Nick Cave, but does use the figurative expression to cave in. Thanks for hosting this week John. Hoping to get out another before the seasons is through.

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

This is the only song I've ever heard by the '90s band Sneaker Pimps. It was a minor hit in the U.S. on alternative rock radio. After the Genesis song earlier this week, this is a nice, simple two chords. I used D and F. Then I ran it through the Mel9 box and synth to fill the sound out.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

My uke-work dissapoints this week.

I have listened to Nick Cave quite a bit through the years, like his music, and it even suits my vocal range. Heck, probably the only artist whose songs I ever considered transposing UP. But I just cant seem to make it work this week. I researched chords for a song, but I can't get it to sound well. Sorry.

I hate to miss out on this theme, so perfect a theme.
    But I listening to all the other songs, great stuff!
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Here's the wrap. Short and Sweet.
    Thanks all. Was a most enlightening week. A nice even 60 videos exploring all the options I suggested.
    I won't worry about prizes as life is a bit hectic at the moment...so just a few words on things that were a little special.

Ralf (only uke that matters) Ship Song - poignantly beautiful.

Brian (Pabrizzer) Weeping Song - again a superb interpretation.

Jim (Uke4ia) - Rendering of a complex prog rock Genesis song to uke. Great skills there.

Bodies of work
    - Lynda (BEVOMU) Some great originals and covers.

-Jon(Mountain Goat) Originals and covers - Original The Well - mostly acapella - Cave like and powerful.

-Wee Rob - A bunch of covers in many styles.

And everyone else.Great job.

Thanks John.
    Now back to downunder in 404.

thank you so much for the shout out! and for a super season, i learnt alot and it was very inspiring!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Great theme, and great job hosting this week John! Enjoyed discovering new artists and material, and enjoyed the many great entries ~

Yes, thank you, John ... a great theme and I learnt a lot about caves; it is a relief to come up above ground again, though!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information