Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukulele stand recommendations?

Default Ukulele stand recommendations?

Any recommendations for a ukulele stand? I would not permanently store it on one, rather if Iím practicing and need to take a short break I could use it. Thanks!

I like the two-piece wood stands like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Kala-Mahogany.../dp/B005H3TH4A

I was going to mention them too. I've seen others, but they don't look nicer than those.

It depends somewhat on the instrument size and what else you have around. I have a two-piece stand like Gary linked on my shelf at work for my soprano, but I don't like it for larger instruments or in-and-out use (i.e. not for practicing). I've had mine tip over a few times if I'm not really careful when loading it or if it gets bumped. Might be ok if you're less clumsy than I am (there may be a reason my favorite ukes are the nigh indestructible carbon fiber and poly-carbonate ones, and I keep the CF one in a hard case!)

For a portable floor stand I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R93D210 It's still pretty compact, but it's a lot more stable and works better on my tenors, baritone, and ubass. It also holds my iPad vertically on a table in a pinch.

The other one I really like is the String Swing Ukulele Mic Stand. I keep one on my music stand and it's my go-to practice hanger. It's stable and it keeps the instrument tucked in and protected by the stand. That's very useful in crowded groups and when people are wandering around. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005SUUSKE

I also have String Swings in my primary music rooms both for permanent storage and for swapping instruments while playing.

I have one called Chromacast. It is metal covered in styrofoam. It has a telescoping neck. I only have tenors or larger, so I don't know if it would hold a soprano...but I think it would

I bought this guitar stand (taller than the uke model for $149) and ordered the uke holder from the company ($11 included shipping) and love it. It is at a convenient height where I do not have to worry about someone (like me) accidentally kicking it. It is aesthetically pleasing and displays the uke as well as holds the uke securely and is portable. I use it everytime I put the uke down.

https://zitherusa.com/products/the-o...t=640727908367

Hercules Folk Instrument Stand - absolute best I've found. Every other stand seems to get knocked over.

https://www.amazon.com/Hercules-GS30...2745259&sr=8-1
    Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

I rather like the Hola! folding stand:

Amazon Link

It is pretty cheap, and folds up nice to fit into a bag for carrying to a strum or workshop.
    Ukes include (but are not limited to)
    • Blackbird Clara
    • Kamaka HF-2A (Koa Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (Acacia Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (Spruce Top Concert)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    I rather like the Hola! folding stand:

Amazon Link

It is pretty cheap, and folds up nice to fit into a bag for carrying to a strum or workshop.
    I have one and watched as my uke rotated in slow motion until the headstock hit the floor (friction on stand was not enough when not put on completely straight). Use it to hold my iPad now

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    I have one and watched as my uke rotated in slow motion until the headstock hit the floor (friction on stand was not enough when not put on completely straight). Use it to hold my iPad now
    Fair. I don't use it often, or with good ukes.
    Ukes include (but are not limited to)
    • Blackbird Clara
    • Kamaka HF-2A (Koa Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (Acacia Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (Spruce Top Concert)

Thread Information