Bonanza Homestead Line

Hi Bonanza Pete - these look lovely. Thanks for the description of the tone of the different woods.

My question - is a strap button included or if not, can we add that on?

Hi Bonanza Pete - these look lovely. Thanks for the description of the tone of the different woods.

My question - is a strap button included or if not, can we add that on?

Strap buttons are included. As are side markers.

Shelley does make straps.

I ordered a Bonanza cherry cutaway tenor with Gotoh heads. I'll do a little review when it darkens my doorway...

I love the irony of a uke player in Honolulu ordering a uke from a cabinet maker in Minnesota.

Oddly, Minnesota is supposedly where many of my ancestors lived before heading to Oregon, so maybe there was some cosmetic pull. Most of my instruments are from Asia and Europe with a couple customs out of West Virginia. For musical instruments at least, the world has no borders! But, yeah, I'll probably end up with another Hawaii made instrument someday soon. Maybe a lightening strike on an old koa tree in Manoa Valley will provide wood...

Oddly, Minnesota is supposedly where many of my ancestors lived before heading to Oregon, so maybe there was some cosmetic pull. Most of my instruments are from Asia and Europe with a couple customs out of West Virginia. For musical instruments at least, the world has no borders! But, yeah, I'll probably end up with another Hawaii made instrument someday soon. Maybe a lightening strike on an old koa tree in Manoa Valley will provide wood...

Well so far I've purchased ukes made in China, England, California, Utah, Massachusetts, and New Zealand. For me part of the interest in my Bonanza uke was having something made in Minnesota. I only have one Bonanza so far, but Pete's constant new models may change that.

For me part of the interest in my Bonanza uke was having something made in Minnesota.

As a Minnesotan, I was thinking the same thing. Since I first saw these ukes I thought Pete should have a small outline or a solid mark in the shape of the state of Minnesota on the sound hole emblem centered between "Bonanza Ukuleles" and "Made in the USA / Music soothes the soul."

Last edited:
As a Minnesotan, I was thinking the same thing. Since I first saw these ukes I thought Pete should have a small outline or a solid mark in the shape of the state of Minnesota on the sound hole emblem centered between "Bonanza Ukuleles" and "Made in the USA / Music soothes the soul."

Ooooo I like it! And with his CNC equipment Pete could easily program in the outline of the state. Not sure about fitting it through the sound hole though......

shopping

Your vision is a little bit more ambitious than mine! I was thinking of something small, probably smaller than a dime that could fit on the existing sound hole emblem.

Just when I think I have it figured out you people tempt me.
Sheez.
And maybe a star where Big Falls is.

Top Bottom