Recommendations for Electric Tenor - for my daughter

rickdean

Reaction score
Hello. My daughter has 2 Oscar Schmidt Concerts and wants an Electric Tenor. Was considering the Oscar OU2te or the Cordoba 20TM-CE. Along with the Fender Acoustasonic 15 amp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not tied to any brand but we have had pretty good luck with Oscar.

Rick from Kansas

Fr an electric Tenor there can be only one, well not quite they make three different models:-

Risa ST

Risa LP

Risa TE

Take your pick plus a Risa solid case and your Daughter is sorted and she will not be disappointed, either of these will be far more versatile in available tone than an acoustic with a pickup stuck on it.

This my Risa ST with Boss Kata Mini amp, Zoom G1X Four pedal unit and my Kala KATEME in the background.

8748F7F7-6132-4290-9701-6D9C9738D233.jpg

Sorry about the orientation iPad and forum issue

Fr an electric Tenor there can be only one, well not quite they make three different models:-

Risa ST
Risa LP
Risa TE
Those are all steel strings. Is that what she wants? Or does she want a "regular" acoustic uke she can plug in? Given the examples given, I'd assume the latter. Seems like your budget is in the $200 range. The Cordoba is a good option if you get it from someone that does a good setup:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/cordoba-20tm-ce-solid-top-tenor-electric.html

I guess I would ask solid body or more traditional acoustic body with plug in? Steel string or nylon? Budget??

On the high end Godin, Pono, Risa

Solid body mid range---Magic Fluke, UFOS-Antica Ukuleleria,

Acoustic---Cordoba, Kala, Pono.....depending upon budget.

Don't think you could go wrong with a top brand name and a proper set up.

Good Luck and hope your daughter has fun! Wait until she starts asking for sound effect peddles..........

Formulating my daughter Christmas order.
Amp - Fishman Loudbox Mini BT 60

Lanikai QM-RDCET Tenor
or
Kala KAEBYTE Tenor
or
Gretsch G9121 Tenor
or
Oscar Schmidt OU2TE Tenor

Also I think she would enjoy the Digitech trio +
I see others suggest a better UKE sound would be from installing a MISI Acoustic Trio Uke instead of a ready made electric.

Comments again really appreciated.
Rick

Top Bottom