Reasonable Ukulele Renting in Kauai or Oahu?

uku-takeshi

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to Kauai and Oahu in a couple of weeks.
I'm hesitant to take my Uke with me in the anticipation of possibly buying one in Hawaii. It would be too much if I have to bring two back home. But, I want to keep practicing regardless of if or when I purchase one.

If you know a place that rents Ukuleles for a reasonable price in Kauai or Oahu, please let me know.

It doesn't have to be great. All I'm looking for is a decent concert Uke I can practice on and potentially going to a Kanikapila with.

Or btw, any info on Kanikapila in Kauai would be helpful too.

Thanks!

If you are going to Oahu and planning on purchasing one that costs $400 at the Ukulele Site, shipping to the USA is free (or add accessories to get to limit). In that case, it would give them time to set it up and then ship it to you while you brought your familiar uke to play on.

If you want to stop by my home/shop in Kekaha, I can loan you a concert to play while you are on Kauai. I also will be able to fill you in on the local ukulele scene. Just send me an email with your approximate schedule and we can arrange to meet up.
Brad

Thanks, rainbow21! I guess I didn't consider shipping, but that's a good idea :)

Thanks, Brad! That's a very generous offer.
I'm currently thinking of checking one out from the state library in Oahu, but the number of concerts are small.
If there is nothing available, I might take you up on your offer.

My trip to Kauai is from 11/16 to 11/20.
Even if I don't need your Uke, I would love to meet up with you either at your shop or at an event (I learned that you are a luthier:).
I'll send you an email!
Thanks!

I have two of Bradford's ukuleles - one, a custom-built concert, and the other a spec-built soprano.

They are both superb instruments. I highly recommend him.

-Kurt​

Mahalo Kurt, your kind comments are much appreciated. I always enjoy having fellow ukers stop by my shop and talk story. For visitors to Kauai, Kekaha is at the base of Waimea canyon. If you visit the canyon in the morning and drop by my shop after, it makes for an efficient use of time.
Brad

Top Bottom