Uncle Rod's conundrum

Not first class but the extra room is really nice, but I’d take the blue tenor. Getting excited to get on the ship tomorrow. Going back and forth about which uke I should take. If we don’t connect, have a good trip home.
Shirley

no worries, Merlin666.

looking forward to meeting you... if can. No worries if it doesn't happen, so
don't stress about it.

Enjoy the Islands!

Rod

Hey Rod..hope you can connect with Merlin666 I met himyesterday...he and his wife nice people and he is a big uke lover...:) I see BigPhil in town too..

looks like tomorrow, Wed the 20th, will be my UU day. I'll ask my sister to drop me off at Ala Moana, (The Makai Food
Court) and I'll camp out there near Cinnabon for the rest of the afternoon before getting over to Whole Foods at the
Ward Center for the Cynthia Lin Kanikapila! I think it begins around 7p, but not absolutely sure about that.

Hope to see any UUers either at the Makai Food Court or at Whole Foods on Wed/tomorrow. All things being equal I'll
be the one playing a Green Outdoor Ukulele Soprano which you may not hear since it is known for being a bit quiet :)
Anyway, let's get together and 'make some music' (kani ka pila)!

OK, HNL Debrief:

got back on Tues the 26th, been busy since with school, well 2 days, then Thanksgiving Day and gigs.
STRUM was invited to help open the Season at the Pike Place Market (Magic in the Market), Sat the 30th,
both in the Atrium and outside on the Truck near Santa!

it was cool, but not wet or windy. My feet got numb and my fingers felt frozen, but the Outdoor Uke performed
marvelously! I kinda felt badly for the other members of STRUM (limited to 7 of us) who brought their better-
sounding (read 'expensive') ukes and had to expose them to the elements!

As you know, one of the primary features of the Outdoor Ukuleles is their ability to withstand what the elements
can throw at them in terms of temperature and moisture! :) So the peace of mind that comes with ownership
and use is part of the rewards/value of the investment in the product :)

Anyway, the uke held up very well both in the heat and rain in HNL and the cold (above freezing) in SEA. STRUM
has another gig this Sat, the 7th, at Sky Nursery (indoors) and their Annual Pizza Party at Spiro's across the
street!

Next weekend, we will be at the Pacific Place Mall (Sat) and on the Ferry Cruise for the disabled sponsored by AFECT (Active
Ferry Employees Charitable Trust) (Sun) :)

Hope you all are getting your Holiday Songs and Singing in during the Season!

keep uke'in',

Hi Uncle Rod, it was a pleasure to meet you and mahalo again for the song books. We are also back in snowy Saskatchestan, and I enjoyed attending the Kanikapilas. How did the luthier meetings at Bishop Museum go?

The Ukulele Guild Event at the Bishop Museum was great!

the Workshops presented a lot of interesting information.

the Kanikapilas were well-attended and wonderful!
Lots of opportunity for those who wanted to sing and play!

I replied to your other thread about the Ukulele Picnic in Hawaii event
on Sunday Feb 16th (2020).

Keep uke'in',

Top Bottom