Automatic tuners

Titchtheclown

Reaction score
My second least favourite task in uke making is winding on new strings and breaking them in. I have crank and drill attachments to speed this up but am tempted to splurge on the

JOWOOM T2 Smart Guitar Tuner Peg String Winder for Guitar Ukulele Chromatic V3M0

Or

The Roadie 2 automatic guitar tuner

The reviews for both are liberally laced with both "this one stinks the other is better" and "this one is so much better than the other"

Does anyone have hands on with either?
At the moment I am leaning to the Jowoom purely on price and no clear leader in the reviews.

FWIW waiting for varnish or glue to dry is my least favourite.

Wow, never knew those existed. In my case I also need a bass version, so the Roadie Bass is the one I would get since it does all instruments. This means I would never need another clip-on tuner again, and it's reversible to use when changing strings too.

I have D'Addario/Planet Waves Micro tuners on every one of my instruments that don't have a built in tuner, about 28, average of $12 each, is like $330, the Roadie Bass is $149. My only thought is keeping it handy while playing, probably add a holder of some kind to my iPad stand.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Wow, never knew those existed. In my case I also need a bass version, so the Roadie Bass is the one I would get since it does all instruments. This means I would never need another clip-on tuner again, and it's reversible to use when changing strings too.

I have D'Addario/Planet Waves Micro tuners on every one of my instruments that don't have a built in tuner, about 28, average of $12 each, is like $330, the Roadie Bass is $149. My only thought is keeping it handy while playing, probably add a holder of some kind to my iPad stand.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Seems only convenient for the stringing/restringing that Titch wants to do. Probably more hassle than it's worth for general use.

Seems only convenient for the stringing/restringing that Titch wants to do. Probably more hassle than it's worth for general use.

It is definitely going to be useful when changing strings on my basses, but I don't see any hassle for general use in viewing some videos. I ordered the Roadie Bass and looking forward to using it. I'll post a review here.

It is definitely going to be useful when changing strings on my basses, but I don't see any hassle for general use in viewing some videos. I ordered the Roadie Bass and looking forward to using it. I'll post a review here.

Looking forward to the review. I'll be honest, I haven't looked at the videos, yet, just photos. I make such minor tweaks to each tuner, and having a microtuner always on my uke, it still seems like overkill if I'm not restringing on a regular basis. Okay, I'll go look at the videos and convince myself. ;)

Top Bottom