Thread: Trade Hoffmann Ebony Baritone for Beansprout Tenor 5 string Banjolele

Default Trade Hoffmann Ebony Baritone for Beansprout Tenor 5 string Banjolele

This may be the most specific and non achievable offer to trade ever posted here but it never hurts to ask.
    My Ebony and Red Spruce Hoffmann Lutherie Baritone ( MiSi pu and other options) hasnít been getting the playing time that it used to but I am reluctant to sell such a fine instrument. I used to play it solo a lot and capo it up to achieve C6 tuning when I played with friends.
    I would want something just as special if I was going to swap it for another instrument. When I thought what, the only thing of interest was Aaronís Beansprout 5 string Tenor banjolele.

Here are some photos Jerry took just before he shipped it to me:

18ED7139-F5E2-4735-8F04-1D58118C948A.jpg

EF47DE93-9106-4BD7-9E5E-D6996295B558.jpg

77F570F8-2DA7-4454-AAE4-3E5FF8B0F177.jpg

4D031232-2EA9-4C4D-B14C-6B3003B7AAC6.jpg

Iím not really interested in anything else but on the off chance that someone might want to consider a very atypical trade, please contact me..
    "All worthwhile things in life should be easy to learn but hard to master"

Hoffmann Lutherie - Baritone - Master Grade Ebony and AAA Red Spruce
    Beau Hannam Custom Tenor - Vintage Hand Rubbed Sun Burst all Tassie Blackwood
    Barron River Tenor - Satin Box Maple and Alaskan Yellow Cedar
    Hoffmann Lutherie - Concert - Angry Owl Ebony and Cedar

That is a really sweet ukulele! By any chance do you have a sound sample? Would love to hear what it sounds like.. I played one hoffman and was very impressed by the sound higher up the neck. Too bad I don't have a banjolele to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kerneltime View Post
    That is a really sweet ukulele! By any chance do you have a sound sample? Would love to hear what it sounds like.. I played one hoffman and was very impressed by the sound higher up the neck. Too bad I don't have a banjolele to offer.
    I will try and record a sound sample although I sure nothing will come of this. Re Jerry Hoffmann’s M & ML series Ukes,
    they are quite amazing. I also have a concert ML which my daughter will inherit when I die.

That is a really handsome bari. Beautiful wood. I am sure it sounds just as good.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    That is a really handsome bari. Beautiful wood. I am sure it sounds just as good.
    I probably drove Jerry crazy choosing the ebony wood set and deciding how much of the sapwood to reveal on the back and headstock.

Thread Information