Outdoor Ukulele Green Soprano at Song Circle

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
please reply to other thread same title,
this is an uncorrected original that got entered twice,
sorry

This is not a technical review, but an update on a Green Soprano Outdoor Ukulele that I've had for just about a week.

I took it to our weekly song circle and it performed very well. I led some songs and was able to get things started, but it is not the loudest uke by any means. I just strummed 'harder' to get a bit more volume, but
once we got started I was able to settle back and simply enjoy the song with the other strummers :)

I must admit that during louder songs I have to agree with several reviewers that at times I almost couldn't hear myself playing the uke.
In other words I did get the feeling of being 'drowned out' at times, not often, but in the interest of full disclosure, 'at times'.

All in all, my experiences with the Outdoor Soprano have been very enjoyable... so much so, that I ordered a Carbon Soprano which should be arriving next week :)

I did not order it to do any comparisons, but just to see if it would be louder for song leading. I suppose that is a comparison of sorts :)

I'll try to provide an update if I remember.

meanwhile, I hope all of you have a favorite uke to play today!

Last edited:
Top Bottom