Mobile Sheets Pro app

colemole

Reaction score
Hello all

I have been using Mobile Sheets Pro on a tablet to store and carry around my music when traveling or jaming to avoid carrying around 10 pounds of binders. For me it works well.
One challenge I have is the app keeps the songs in alphabetical order which is nice but I haven't figured out how to split out each song from a file with multiple songs. It will load the whole file and file it as one song. You can open that file and then go to the song you want but that is cumbersome. Would like to download each song individually so it would be in order and easier to find.
I am not technically strong with this sort of thing.
Anyone familiar with this application and have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this?
Thanks
colemole

I know someone who has the Daily Ukulele on his tablet using Mobile Sheets, and my impression is that each song in the book was turned into a separate PDF file before it was loaded. I would think that you are looking at much the same process. Each song in your multiple-song-file could be printed and scanned into a PDF, or cut and pasted electronically into a page of say a Word document that could then be turned into a PDF. Perhaps someone else can offer up a more elegant all-electronic approach?

I used Mobile Sheets Pro on a 13" Android and Windows tablet for a few of years before Apple came out with the iPad Pro 12.9 inch, I have to have a large screen. It's a very good app, but it cannot separate pages that are all part of one main document. You have to do that before you load it into MSP.

I'm a graphic designer and have used a Mac for 33 years. It comes with the Preview app, which allows you to separate each page of a PDF, but it's tedious work. If you use a PC, I would imagine there are apps that will do that too, maybe Adobe Reader. I did that with a 107 page PDF book that I use for a Sunday play-in-the-park group, the leader compiled it specifically to print.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

You can use Adobe Pro to create a multi-page PDF document with a song on each page, or a multi-page song.
Then create a TOC in your word processor and save it as a PDF and insert it at the front of the collection of songs.
Next bookmark the first song and link it to the song title in the TOC.
Work your way through the document.
Later you can add and remove songs and create and insert new titles and links in the TOC.

MobileSheetsPro is a great program, but it can be tricky to use.

To separate song, find the one you want, and begin the Print process. For the printer, select PDF, and make sure you choose "Current document." When you do the "printing," it will be saved as an individual song with the title you enter.

I started out using Setlists, but I find it easier to have all the songs listed alphabetically because I don't have to remember what book or list a particular song is in.

I know someone who has the Daily Ukulele on his tablet using Mobile Sheets, and my impression is that each song in the book was turned into a separate PDF file before it was loaded. I would think that you are looking at much the same process. Each song in your multiple-song-file could be printed and scanned into a PDF, or cut and pasted electronically into a page of say a Word document that could then be turned into a PDF. Perhaps someone else can offer up a more elegant all-electronic approach?

Our group discussed the legality of transferring copyrighted material to a digital device. Our conclusion was that since you bought the book, you can scan it and save it to a device for your own use. No lawyers involved - just the opinion of the people in our group.

What you would have to do is scan each page and save it as a PDF. Along with the scanning, you'd probably want to do some editing to eliminate the large borders so the text is larger on your screen.

I use MSP on a 10" Kindle Fire, but it also works fine on the smaller 7" version ($48). The Kindle saves me the effort of wheeling a 25 lb suitcase to jam sessions. :)

Last edited:
What I think you want to do is to make a Bookmark. You should be able to make a bookmark to a single song, and then use that bookmark in your setlists as if it were just another song.

I'm an iPad user, so I'm not an expert, but this is one of the main tools for users of forScore with larger documents and it works great.

iOS-challenged user

I'd be very interested in an iPad app that organizes (my messy disorganized old iPad Pro 9.7) screen shots into individual song/piece files, preferably w/o going through my MacBookPro.

I am really, really "challenged" as an iPad/iOS user. The general "architecture" feels so locked down to me (as opposed to Android). I am, however, a die hard OSX user.

Any guidance on how to get my iPad files onto my MacBookPro is very welcomed. It's so odd to me that it's so (relatively) easy to transfer files on my Android phone directly onto my MBP w/ a cable & AndroidFileTransfer (for which I also kinda need an alternative - suggestions for that also welcome).

Instead of dealing with scanning and uploading the book page by page, I bought the e-book version of Daily Ukulele. It is $22 in the Amazon Kindle store. Now I can read the book in the Amazon Kindle app on my tablet. The e-book has a table of contents, so jumping to specific songs is quick and easy. I don't think the Amazon Kindle e-book is compatible with Mobile Sheets, though, if you need any of the special features of that software.

What I think you want to do is to make a Bookmark. You should be able to make a bookmark to a single song, and then use that bookmark in your set lists as if it were just another song. I'm an iPad user, so I'm not an expert, but this is one of the main tools for users of forScore with larger documents and it works great.

As advanced a use as I am, I never thought of using bookmarks, ya learn something new everyday. I actually added links in my play-in-the-park list on the table of contents to jump to the page, and also on each page to jump back to the TOC.

I'd be very interested in an iPad app that organizes (my messy disorganized old iPad Pro 9.7) screen shots into individual song/piece files, preferably w/o going through my MacBookPro. I am really, really "challenged" as an iPad/iOS user. The general "architecture" feels so locked down to me (as opposed to Android). I am, however, a die hard OSX user.

Any guidance on how to get my iPad files onto my MacBookPro is very welcomed. It's so odd to me that it's so (relatively) easy to transfer files on my Android phone directly onto my MBP w/ a cable & AndroidFileTransfer (for which I also kinda need an alternative - suggestions for that also welcome).
I always felt the opposite, the Android I found to be cumbersome, the iPad better integrated. I use forScore on my iPad, it works like MobileSheets Pro, and also Dropbox to transfer from forScore to my Mac, and sometimes use email.

Any guidance on how to get my iPad files onto my MacBookPro is very welcomed.
I transfer everything via cloud storage: I keep my music files in OneDrive (or iCloud or DropBox or whatever) and sync that to my Mac, my PC, and my iPad. Any decent music library app should be able to talk to any of these either directly or via the iPads sharing system (the ones I’ve looked at do both).

You should be able to AirDrop files between your iPad and your Mac without connecting to an external network.

It used to be iTunes job to transfer files, but I haven’t used that for ages (haven’t even seen the need to connect my current devices) and Apple recently removed the app and broke up the functionality. I’ve no idea of the replacement

Finding a free PDF splitter or editor online will get you a better result than printing and scanning and a smaller file size too. Or open the PDF in Google Chrome and "Print" it, change the printer to "Save as PDF" and only print the pages that correspond to the specific song. Lots of options, but here's a link to start off: wikihow.com/Split-PDF-Files

Hello all

I have been using Mobile Sheets Pro on a tablet to store and carry around my music when traveling or jaming to avoid carrying around 10 pounds of binders. For me it works well.
One challenge I have is the app keeps the songs in alphabetical order which is nice but I haven't figured out how to split out each song from a file with multiple songs. It will load the whole file and file it as one song. You can open that file and then go to the song you want but that is cumbersome. Would like to download each song individually so it would be in order and easier to find.
I am not technically strong with this sort of thing.
Anyone familiar with this application and have any suggestions as to how to accomplish this?
Thanks
colemole

You can sort columns of cells alphabetically and numerically.

On your Android phone or tablet, open a spreadsheet in the Google Sheets app.
To select a column, tap a letter at the top.
To open the menu, tap the top of the column again.
Tap More More.
Scroll down and tap SORT A-Z or SORT Z-A. Your data will be sorted.

You can sort columns of cells alphabetically and numerically.

On your Android phone or tablet, open a spreadsheet in the Google Sheets app.
To select a column, tap a letter at the top.
To open the menu, tap the top of the column again.
Tap More More.mini militia apk
Scroll down and tap SORT A-Z or SORT Z-A. Your data will be sorted.

Thank you so much for sharing this info I really like to read it and it is also very helpful to me

Last edited:
Top Bottom