Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Uke Logic strings...excellent experience

Quote Originally Posted by glennerd View Post
    I'd be pretty interested to try a set on my baritone and I'd be okay to pay the price, even converted to Canadian dollars. But the the lowest price shipping option to Canada from HMS is just over $10, USPS. I just can't pay that amount of shipping for strings, especially when I know they could stuff them in an envelope and send them from Hawaii for around $1.40 postage. Not sure what kind of tracking/insurance options they're tacking on, but it's overkill for strings.
    he was also selling on Etsy and shipping was free over 35$ Or $50 I think
    https://etsy.me/37Q5xkZ

Quote Originally Posted by kerneltime View Post
    he was also selling on Etsy and shipping was free over 35$ Or $50 I think
    https://etsy.me/37Q5xkZ
    It’s not free to Canada. That’s always the problem living someplace other then the USA.

But if I buy a ukulele from HMS and the strings at the same time the shipping is basically free. Spend $1000 to same $10.00 shipping on strings.......there’s some good math for ya
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 12-02-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    It’s not free to Canada. That’s always the problem living someplace other then the USA.

But if I buy a ukulele from HMS and the strings at the same time the shipping is basically free. Spend $1000 to same $10.00 shipping on strings.......there’s some good math for ya
    Hey, now you're thinking!

Yeah, but they ship them DHL. DHL are masters at exploring every possible tax and duty option on your ukulele, never seen anything like it. I think the only way to nip this in the bud is to fly to Hawaii and take delivery of strings AND UKULELE there! Problem solved. Wait, HOW much did I pay for those strings?
    Glenn

Hey, now you're thinking!

Yeah, but they ship them DHL. DHL are masters at exploring every possible tax and duty option on your ukulele, never seen anything like it. I think the only way to nip this in the bud is to fly to Hawaii and take delivery of strings AND UKULELE there! Problem solved. Wait, HOW much did I pay for those strings?
    I like the trip to Hawaii idea. Come home with a new ukulele and all the strings that will fit in your suitcase.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I'd be pretty interested to try a set on my baritone and I'd be okay to pay the price, even converted to Canadian dollars. But the the lowest price shipping option to Canada from HMS is just over $10, USPS. I just can't pay that amount of shipping for strings, especially when I know they could stuff them in an envelope and send them from Hawaii for around $1.40 postage. Not sure what kind of tracking/insurance options they're tacking on, but it's overkill for strings.
    I think I saw that the calculator is not working right for strings and that they credit back the difference. Might be worth an email to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bordessa View Post
    I think I saw that the calculator is not working right for strings and that they credit back the difference. Might be worth an email to them.
    Good to know. I might look into it then. Thanks.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bordessa View Post
    I was trying out the heavy tension. But I ended up frankensteining it a bit with the low-tension C and switching to my standard Savarez KF95 low-G. This configuration is very similar to the Worth heavy clears (except for the low-G). I don't know if Joel has access to a Goldilocks low-G gauge with the UkeLogic material, but the Savarez is a decent tonal fit. They'd be heavier than the Worth browns.

I made a video demoing the C string switch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE8gmXdlYE.
    Thanks for the insight and the video, Brad. Very helpful.

I've been looking at these -

https://www.theukulelesite.com/acces...ogic-soft.html

It doesn't give an option to pick which size (soprano/concert/tenor). Has anyone ordered any from HMS?
    Just Feel The Groooooove

I know this is tricky to answer, but I'll ask it: can someone describe how "hard" the hard tension strings are from Uke Logic? Maybe compare to other strings from other sources? I'd love to hear about them compared to Romero strings, or Oasis, for example. Thanks.
    Craig

Beau Hannam Spiral Rosette tenor
    Moore Bettah tenor "Ki Uke"
    Kinnard mahogany tenor
    Koa Works tenor
    Koa Works concert
    Pohaku custom mahogany concert

Quote Originally Posted by CTurner View Post
    I know this is tricky to answer, but I'll ask it: can someone describe how "hard" the hard tension strings are from Uke Logic? Maybe compare to other strings from other sources? I'd love to hear about them compared to Romero strings, or Oasis, for example. Thanks.
    The A and E are similar to Worth CH. The C and low-G are significantly heavier (see my video above).

Thread Information