Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Uke Logic strings...excellent experience

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    McDonough, GA
    Posts
    4,518

    Default Uke Logic strings...excellent experience

    Just received a used Kanile’a baritone from HMS. It came with Ko’olau wound strings for 3 and 4 strings, and Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings for 1 and 2 strings (linear DGBE). I’m amazed at the sound. Not sure how much of great sound is due to the strings and how much to the uke. But in any case I really like the strings, especially the Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings. Hope HMS puts these strings together as single baritone set.

    I’ve never heard of Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings before so I did a search and found them on Etsy. Looks like a recent venture from Joel at HMS. I’ll definitely be getting some more of these Uke Logic strings.

    Anyone else try Uke Logic Strings ?
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post
    Just received a used Kanile’a baritone from HMS. It came with Ko’olau wound strings for 3 and 4 strings, and Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings for 1 and 2 strings (linear DGBE). I’m amazed at the sound. Not sure how much of great sound is due to the strings and how much to the uke. But in any case I really like the strings, especially the Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings. Hope HMS puts these strings together as single baritone set.

    I’ve never heard of Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings before so I did a search and found them on Etsy. Looks like a recent venture from Joel at HMS. I’ll definitely be getting some more of these Uke Logic strings.

    Anyone else try Uke Logic Strings ?
    Thanks for that Hodge. I heard about them on HMS podcast with Steve Grimes and have been itching to try them. I will search Etsy and see what is available. I am surprised Andrew does have them listed on HMS, Aaron Cromwell really loves them. Says they are the only non-wound low G he has every heard that he likes
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    796

    Default

    and it looks like they come in watermelon color...at least that's what I assume by "sandia." I wonder how they would look against a dark fret board?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Thanks Hodge. I’ve been waiting for these to show up on HMS. Just ordered the pink UkeLogic strings!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I *think* the recent tenor I bought from HMS has them (w/ a Thomastik low-G). Ditto on "Not sure how much of great sound is due to the strings and how much to the uke. "

    Have not played enough (long story)/do not have enough depth of experience to meaningfully comment, other than to say I like them!
    Lighter/feels better to me than D’Addario Pro-Arté Fluorocarbon, slightly heavier/feels as good to me as Arimoto/DHo PhD's.

    I had a hopeful feeling when I clicked on this thread that these were going to be about the "Joel" strings...

    Thanks for letting us know about availability on Etsy (which owns Reverb?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_J View Post
    Just received a used Kanile’a baritone from HMS. It came with Ko’olau wound strings for 3 and 4 strings, and Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings for 1 and 2 strings (linear DGBE). I’m amazed at the sound. Not sure how much of great sound is due to the strings and how much to the uke. But in any case I really like the strings, especially the Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings. Hope HMS puts these strings together as single baritone set.

    I’ve never heard of Uke Logic Hard Tension FC strings before so I did a search and found them on Etsy. Looks like a recent venture from Joel at HMS. I’ll definitely be getting some more of these Uke Logic strings.

    Anyone else try Uke Logic Strings ?
    Not as noticeably pink than a fluorocarbon line (Hi Seas Quattro) I put on a little Ohana...

    Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    and it looks like they come in watermelon color...at least that's what I assume by "sandia." I wonder how they would look against a dark fret board?
    Last edited by Wukulele; 11-09-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sparta, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Aren't the Uke Logic strings the ones that Joel has developed? They mentioned them in one of their podcasts and said he had been working on them for two years to get just the sound he wanted from them. They are fluorocarbons.

    He was asking several players to try them out and give him feedback.

    If I remember correctly, Joel was getting ready to release them for sale by the end of this year. (But I may be wrong about the release timeline.)
    Last edited by Kenn2018; 11-09-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

    —Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I got a set of UkeLogic Linear Soft's on Thursday from Etsy, but they didn't work out for me. I was primarily interested in whether or not the Unwound LowG could actually work as a replacement to buying individual Wound LowG's (Fremont Soloist, TI CF30) after it was talked up on the HMS podcast. The gauge of the Unwound LowG in the Hard set was to thick for the slot on my Blackbird Farallon so I went with the Soft hoping they wouldn't be that soft. I know from other string sets that I don't like super high tension, but there is no 'average' or 'medium' UkeLogic set. The results weren't surprising, but were a little disappointing. The strings were to floppy and didn't sound good to me. I should have gotten the Hard Tension set, but at least now I know to avoid anything labeled "soft tension" in the future. I'm sticking with Fremont Blacklines for now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    I went to Etsy.ca, seeing as I am Canadian. One non-wound low G single string, $7.39 +$13.99 shipping. Not gonna fork out over $21.00 for a single non-wound Low G string. A full set with low G is $20.79 + $13.99 shipping, these are CDN prices to Canada. I love Fremont Soloist wound low G and at $4.00 I will continue to use them. If HMS does carry full sets at a reasonable price I would be happy to try them out.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 11-09-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Thank for posting the etsy link.. was wondering how and when these strings will be available!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Aren't the Uke Logic strings the ones that Joel has developed? They mentioned them in one of their podcasts and said he had been working on them for two years to get just the sound he wanted from them. They are fluorocarbons.

    He was asking several players to try them out and give him feedback.

    If I remember correctly, Joel was getting ready to release them for sale by the end of this year. (But I may be wrong about the release timeline.)
    The Etsy page selling these strings has a photo of Joel from HMS and says he is the Etsy shop owner.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •