Uke Logic strings...excellent experience

Just recd my sets. I ordered both the low g and high g - high tension and I like em, a lot. The low g I put on a koaloha tenor. It’s the new version koaloha and these are the first new strings I put on it. The low g is the wound string. I am a fan of the Pepe Romero wound low g and I can tell no difference between it and the one in the Uke Logic set. The Uke Logic c,e, and a strings are wonderful for finger picking. The high tension allows for a good response. They seem just a tad brighter than the ones which came on the koaloha. They can be loud if need be, and carry well played softly. They compliment the koaloha well.

The hi g strings I put on my cedar top pono master series tenor. Previously I had a custom set of strings which were a savarez a and e, thomastik wound c, and D’Addario titanium high g. I arrived at this set after quite a bit of trial and error. That said, the Uke Logic set imho is superior. More sustain, more projection when called upon, and enhanced bounce for finger picking.

These two ukes are my go to low g and high g ukes. The Uke Logic strings sound super on them. In time I will be ordering some more of them to try on other ukes. These strings get two thumbs up in my book.

I received my set (hard tension high G in "Sandia Pink") and installed them on my Kremona Coco--Cedar Top. Similar to about2, these are incredible and by far the best set of strings I've had on this uke.

In the meantime, HMS dropped this video all about the Uke Logic line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpcB4vouVT0

Had I listened/watched this before I selected my set I might have tried the softer set for the cedar top, but that may be my next order --- a hard tension set for my Koa and a soft tension for my cedar top.

So many strings to try, so little time :D

I went to Etsy.ca, seeing as I am Canadian. One non-wound low G single string, $7.39 +$13.99 shipping. Not gonna fork out over $21.00 for a single non-wound Low G string. A full set with low G is $20.79 + $13.99 shipping, these are CDN prices to Canada. I love Fremont Soloist wound low G and at $4.00 I will continue to use them. If HMS does carry full sets at a reasonable price I would be happy to try them out.

Ditto, they're very expensive. Custom sets for shipping to US are even more expensive. Oasis is an alternative in addition to the Fremont, which are very good btw.

Would you recommend the hard or soft tension strings?

Low tension tends to be brighter and works really well with resonant bodies, hard tension a bit warmer and tones things down well but still rings really well.

Last edited:
Just recd my sets. I ordered both the low g and high g - high tension and I like em, a lot. The low g I put on a koaloha tenor. It’s the new version koaloha and these are the first new strings I put on it. The low g is the wound string. I am a fan of the Pepe Romero wound low g and I can tell no difference between it and the one in the Uke Logic set. The Uke Logic c,e, and a strings are wonderful for finger picking. The high tension allows for a good response. They seem just a tad brighter than the ones which came on the koaloha. They can be loud if need be, and carry well played softly. They compliment the koaloha well.

The hi g strings I put on my cedar top pono master series tenor. Previously I had a custom set of strings which were a savarez a and e, thomastik wound c, and D’Addario titanium high g. I arrived at this set after quite a bit of trial and error. That said, the Uke Logic set imho is superior. More sustain, more projection when called upon, and enhanced bounce for finger picking.

These two ukes are my go to low g and high g ukes. The Uke Logic strings sound super on them. In time I will be ordering some more of them to try on other ukes. These strings get two thumbs up in my book.

This is an excellent review, you hit all the important points. Thanks very much for taking the time to detail this new product for the rest of us, well done.

A few hours ago, I installed a set of the Uke Logic clear fluorocarbons, soft tension, low G, on a redwood-topped tenor.

Immediately I am reminded of Worth Clear fluoros.

Initial perceptions: Compared to the Worths, I find the Uke Logics to be slightly quieter, slightly warmer sounding, and noticeably floppier. The tone is maybe a bit more complex and "focused" on the top end, and volume is maybe a bit more balanced across the range, with slightly less boom from the bass end.

Initial Assesment: I like Worth Clears on this ukulele, and I can already tell I will like these new Uke Logic fluoros for the same reasons I like the Worths.

Update on my use of Uke Logic strings -- I was so impressed by the Hard Tension, I ordered a set of the low tension in both hi and low g. I prefer the high tension - but the low does seem to hold some advantages: 1. definitely more comfortable to play. 2. they seem to bring out the brightness of the instrument more than the high tension. 3. they seem to do quite nicely on hammer on and pull offs - perhaps better than their high tension brothers and sisters. That said, they do not project as well as the Highs.

Funny how strings can help or hurt you....I definitely suffer from SAS (string acquisition syndrome) and have a drawer full of used strings to prove it. Uke Logic and Worth clears are my hands down favorites. The Uke Logic High tension really brought my Pono Master Tenor to life. I had just about given up on it - but the High Tension strings on it are amazing. The strings allow the overtones to ring and ring - overtones are what the Pono Cedar Master majors in. I also have them on my Pepe Romero Grand Tenor. It can be a loud instrument - but these strings seem to bring out the fullness of the body - can't really explain why or what they do - but they compliment this uke well. They tone down the brightness of its spruce top while keeping its volume. On my Koaloha Tenor, I've returned to Worth Clears for the A and E strings. They are more mellow than the Uke Logic and mellow is what the Koaloha majors in. The Worth clears feel about mid way between the softness of the Low Tension ULogics and the High Tension ULogics. So if you are familiar with Worth Clears, you might have an idea of what the ULogics feel like.

I put the high tensions on my old Martin Tenor and out of the sets I've tried so far, these are my favorite. I love both the sound and the feel. I liked them so much I put them on a very different instrument, my soprano Flea. Again, very happy with thm.

You all talked me into giving the strings a try.
I placed an order for Uke Logic strings last night, and now can put off a string change until they arrive. :)

I think it's safe for me to give my opinion on Uke Logic strings. They took ages to arrive but otherwise no issues with the delivery. I've been trying the low tension strings on my Kiwaya KTS-7 for a few weeks now. First impressions were that they sounded very similar to the Worth CMs I had on the uke previously. However, I quickly noticed that they have better clarity and projection when playing higher up the fretboard. The difference isn't huge but it's still pleasant. The tension on these low versions feels very similar to the Worths so zero complaints there. I have one set of high tension strings but I've no idea which uke I would try them on.

Overall the experience was positive but not really as mindblowingly great as I assumed judging by the previous comments in this thread. When I take into account the long shipping time, fairly expensive shipping cost and, most of all, import costs, I probably won't be ordering these again any time soon. I really hope some European uke shop will start importing these strings at some point in the future. If that happens these will probably be my go-to strings.

I think it's safe for me to give my opinion on Uke Logic strings. They took ages to arrive but otherwise no issues with the delivery. I've been trying the low tension strings on my Kiwaya KTS-7 for a few weeks now. First impressions were that they sounded very similar to the Worth CMs I had on the uke previously. However, I quickly noticed that they have better clarity and projection when playing higher up the fretboard. The difference isn't huge but it's still pleasant. The tension on these low versions feels very similar to the Worths so zero complaints there. I have one set of high tension strings but I've no idea which uke I would try them on.

Overall the experience was positive but not really as mindblowingly great as I assumed judging by the previous comments in this thread. When I take into account the long shipping time, fairly expensive shipping cost and, most of all, import costs, I probably won't be ordering these again any time soon. I really hope some European uke shop will start importing these strings at some point in the future. If that happens these will probably be my go-to strings.

Out of interest which shipping method did you choose and how long did they take to arrive?

Out of interest which shipping method did you choose and how long did they take to arrive?

I ordered straight from the Etsy store so I don't think it gave me any choice in terms of shipping. Took a month to arrive, almost exactly to the day.

I ordered straight from the Etsy store so I don't think it gave me any choice in terms of shipping. Took a month to arrive, almost exactly to the day.

Wow. Covid affected, I'm sure. It took 10 days to send a letter from one side of London to the other until very recently.

Wow. Covid affected, I'm sure. It took 10 days to send a letter from one side of London to the other until very recently.

I was thinking the same actually. In any case, it's not the shipping time that bugs me. It's the fact that I have to pay quite substantial VAT/import fees when I order these strings. I like them but not so much that I'd pay through the nose for them.

I got my Uke Logic strings yesterday. 10 days - in the US. Add in a weekend and holiday, and that's a good turn around time.

So far, I like them. I got the low tension, and they feel good. They're on the brighter side, I think, but sound good on a HF2. Clear sound, good sustain, good intonation for that ukulele all the way up the neck. I think I'll stick with Living Water strings on some ukuleles, but when a brighter sound works well, (like on the HF2), these might be my go-to. They're still settling in, so I look forward to how they'll be when settled in.

and now can put off a string change until they arrive. :)

One of life’s cruel ironies is that the only way to combat SCRS (String Change Resistance Syndrome) is to change your strings often enough that you don’t forget how to best change them between changes.

Just one more way that life screws with us.

But I’m not bitter.

One of life’s cruel ironies is that the only way to combat SCRS (String Change Resistance Syndrome) is to change your strings often enough that you don’t forget how to best change them between changes.

Just one more way that life screws with us.

But I’m not bitter.

My HF2 is super picky about the knots. I don't mind changing strings on a tie bridge or pull through bridge, but the HF2 can be a battle. So, I leave myself notes in the case. What type of knot & how many on which string, using what type of string. I still hate changing the strings on the HF2, but at least I don't have to rely on my memory on how to best change those strings.

I decided that I like the Uke Logic strings enough that I'll be ordering more. The clarity of the notes stands out.

Top Bottom