Uke Logic strings...excellent experience

My HF2 is super picky about the knots. I don't mind changing strings on a tie bridge or pull through bridge, but the HF2 can be a battle. So, I leave myself notes in the case. What type of knot & how many on which string, using what type of string. I still hate changing the strings on the HF2, but at least I don't have to rely on my memory on how to best change those strings.

This is the one thing that keeps me from playing my HF-2 more. I absolutely HATE the slot bridge on it. Everything else is wonderful. I even enjoy changing strings on my instruments, but not that slot bridge.

I wish that Kamaka made a concert scale with a tie bridge...

And a model that isn't quite as expensive:
https://themusicemporium.com/ukuleles/kamaka-hf-3d-deluxe-concert

I hate the slot bridge enough that I came close to buying this model and selling my HF2. Not likely to happen in the current financial situation, though. Maybe post COVID era?

Anyway, the HF2 does sound good with the Uke Logic strings, so it was worth the hassle.

Last edited:
I had no idea that these existed... yeah, my wallet can't take either of those right now either.

But I have been super happy with Uke Logics on the instruments I have tried them on. I strongly prefer the feel of the soft tension to the hard, but that is just me.

(I have not yet tried them on the HF-2.)

To be honest, for the longest time I preferred the slotted bridge because I really like diminutive bridges on my soprano ukes but after experiencing strings slipping out of the slot I've definitely changed my mind. Now I much prefer the tie bar bridge as well, even on sopranos. A narrow tie bar bridge like on Pono ukuleles or the KoAloha Opio models is ideal for me. Small real estate and reliable stringing. A slotted bridge isn't a huge issue if you're using nylon strings or other similarly thick strings but with fluorocarbon strings it's a pain. And then if you have a slotted bridge designed for fluorocarbon strings with smaller slots on the bridge, you might not be able to use thicker strings for the bridge even if you wanted to.

I have them on a solid maple Kala tenor. Soft tension, low g. These strings made a wonderful difference from the stock Aquilas. The uke is now richly resonant, sweet, and clear. I love the difference they made. The Aquilas sounded plasticy.

Hi

Has anyone else here tried these on mahogany tenors, and what did you think, compared to other sets you've used? Most of the Uke Logic videos I've seen feature them being used on solid koa or cedar top ukes.

I h as be used them on cedar tops mahagony top spruce tops. Loved them all.They are my go to string on tenor or baritone. Hard or soft tension. On my mahogany baritone, I have hard tension. Low g and soft tension cea. Nice combination.

Last edited:
I just got my Sandia pink High-G set in the mail and put it on my tenor. I had been using Aquila Nylguts on that instrument for a while.

I moved from Aquilla's in my other tenor to a Fremont Black Low G set and I found the instrument easier to play, but they were more quiet than I'd like. I knew I wanted to keep my other tenor High G, and I wanted to try to replicate the comfort experience that I was getting from the Fremonts in my Low G but keep the volume of the Nylguts.

So I landed on these pink uke logic's after reading about them on love ukulele.com and god damn, these are some nice strings. I'm nailing some chords I had struggled a bit with before due to the lower tension, and the volume is impressive. Love these strings.

Top Bottom