Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 404 - Ten Years Up Over

Default Season 404 - Ten Years Up Over

error - season not found
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Blasted thing, let me reboot hold on a sec

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Hello! Welcome, to season 404!

This season is a bit of a personal one for me. Tomorrow (10th November) marks 10 years since I hopped on an A380 from Sydney to return to the country of my birth having spent the previous 13 years of my childhood overseas.

I'd finished my last school exams the week before, my dad and brother had already made the trip which left my mum and I to pack up the house while I was trying to study.

And so an edgy 17 year old looked forward to returning "home" with no real notion of what home was. I've done a hell of a lot in those 10 years, a lot of it documented right here, but I still have a soft spot for Sydney and would love to show my family around where I grew up one day.

So the task this week is simple. Play me a song by an Australian band or artist. If you've been working up some Nick Cave for John's season but haven't posted it yet, please chuck it on here as well.

Prompts for those who like to do originals:

If you're an Aussie you've got a free pass this week. You beaut.
    If you're not Aussie, please bring write me a song either about or mentioning Australia
    Otherwise write a song about returning home.

"Prizes" this week are CD copies of my EP I'm putting together should you want one. Hoping to get round to finishing that this week, only got a song or two left to record then a bit of tinkering with the mix I think.

Rules are normal but if you're new:

Season starts midnight Hawaii time. Finishes midnight Sunday 17th Hawaii time
    I like one song per day because I feel it gives everyone room to breathe but I'm not gonna get mad if you end up giving me two on the odd day
    Multi tracking, effects, steel strings, loose definitions of ukes (BEV) all good as long as its within the spirit of what we're trying to do here. If in doubt, do it and I'll be glad to listen to it.
    Videos recorded for the purpose of this season only unless its Nick Cave you haven't yet posted on Season 403

Most importantly, HAVE FUN

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by RAB11; 11-10-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Whacko the diddle oh.They’ll be searching for songs from here to Woop Woop!

Bonza idea, mate!!! (And I bet you chose 404 just so you could do that "error" joke .... very funny!)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    loose definitions of ukes (BEV) all good
    cheers mate!!
    lynda

bi di bup bup

Hmm......might have to go traveling in a fried-out combie.
    Flat flip flies straight.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Bonza idea, mate!!! (And I bet you chose 404 just so you could do that "error" joke .... very funny!)
    Well no, I chose it for the anniversary but couldn't resist the joke!

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee fred View Post
    Hmm......might have to go traveling in a fried-out combie.
    on a hippy trail, head full of zombie?

These three guys were in different but pretty influential rock bands and got together for side project of a more acoustic nature.Some great writing and a couple of albums came out of it.Full of wry aussie humour.
    Tex Perkins, Don Walker and Charlie Owens.
    Good on ya Ryan!

Thread Information