Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp suggestions other than Fishman Loudbox Mini

Vista (North County San Diego), California

The Roland AC-33 stomps all competition in your stated price range. The fact that it can also be powered by rechargeable NiMH AA batteries makes it a clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Not sure if it fits your usage, but I have a Roland Micro Cube.
    I saw one of these the other day at a pawn shop. The size and design looked very appealing for an amatuer(me) who won't be playing for an audience. And I believe it would run on batteries.
    Think I might go back and get it, if it is still there.
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A, The Loar Honey Creek type-A,
    Just visiting... Charvel Surfcaster 325 SLX tobacco, Dean EX-SN, Recording King Century 33 LE, LP style guitar.
    Wants/needs... Homemade dugout/bowl back xtra wide neck baritone uke. Small solid body electric tenor guitar.

Yep, battery/mains, & built in effects.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by KaminTheWeaver View Post
    All I ever hear is that the Fishman Loudbox Mini is the only and best choice for a uke amplifier in that price range.

Are there any more options out there in the $300-$400 range, and if so, how are they different than the Loud Box Mini?
    In your price range, I would go for a powered pa speaker like the new QSC CP8. Has an input for instrument, and mic. And should be uncolored so you can add what effects you want.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...owered-speaker

What did you end up getting? I have a NUX Mighty Lite Blue Tooth amp. Battery or AC adapter. 2 channels. A bunch of effects. It can be controlled via smartphone. It's tiny for sure. But, the sound is quite acceptable.
    Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. Low-G. I named it "LumiŤre"
    Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol. High-G I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele wound Low-G
    Cynthia Lin Performance uke. Concert scale with a cutaway Low-G
    Kala Soprano KA-KCT-S Ziricote fitted with Ernie Ball clear High-G
    Just ordered a tenor sized custom electric uke from Brian Fanner . . . wonder how long ETA. . .

I have yet to make a purchase. Iíve been trying to find local stores that carry some of your suggestions, but surprisingly have had some difficulty. No one seems to have any of the Rolands in stock.

The good news is that the venue I thought I needed one for actually has a direct plug in, so Iíve been using that for now. The hunt continues!
    Soprano: KoAloha Opio Acacia
    Tenors: KoAloha KTM-00, aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird, Pono MGTP5-PC
    Baritone+: Pono UL4-30

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Yep, battery/mains, & built in effects.
    I went back and got the Micro Cube. Didn't have an adapter cord, but sounded great on batteries. And I like the chrorus feature.
    Talked them down to $32, so should only have about fifty in it after I get a cord.
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A, The Loar Honey Creek type-A,
    Just visiting... Charvel Surfcaster 325 SLX tobacco, Dean EX-SN, Recording King Century 33 LE, LP style guitar.
    Wants/needs... Homemade dugout/bowl back xtra wide neck baritone uke. Small solid body electric tenor guitar.

Thread Information