Just joined this morning! I have questions

verver9

Reaction score
I am looking for information on a ukulele I bought last summer. It's a National Triolian Resonator soprano uke, polychrome with the palm tree on the back. Serial number 442. I have found conflicting information on the sites I researched so far.
I was told it was bought by the original owner around 1929 or 30. I bought it from the original owner's grand daughter. Does anyone know how many of these were made? Is it a 1929 uke?
NationalTriolian1.jpgNationalTriolian4.jpg

Welcome to UU. I don't know anything about your uke, but whoever had it played the hell out of it. Must have been a halfway decent player because s/he played a lot up the neck where most beginner players don't go.
All metal? Interesting find. How does it sound?

Write to National in San Luis Obispo, CA
They may have records with the serial number.

Welcome verver. There's a lot of knowledge here, someone should know.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I consulted with a friend who is very knowledgeable about Nationals. FWIW, he thinks your uke dates from 1931.

I hope this helps.

John Colter

Top Bottom