FS: [NEW] Cremona SV-800 Series Violin Outfit 4/4 Size

Melodious Thunk

Reaction score
FS: [NEW] Cremona SV-800 Series Violin Outfit 4/4 Size SOLD

.-=[SOLD]=-.

Up for sale is new 4/4 size Cremona SV-800 Series Violin Outfit (bowed, fretless ukulele! :D). I paid $779.99 + tax for this one. I am open to reasonable offers.

I had purchased a couple of these. One to keep in standard tuning. And, one to keep in a cross tuning. After a few months of playing the one kept in standard tuning, I found out that I have become allergic to violin rosin (even the hypoallergenic kind).

This violin outfit is in new and unused condition. It has been stored in a smoke free and humidity controlled environment.

Might make a great holiday gift?

Pro quality instrument priced within reach.

The Cremona SV-800 is a new violin that is fit for the professional artist but priced for the energetic student. Select flamed maple and close-grained spruce glow under an antique finish, and the tone resembles that of a fine old masterpiece. Fitted with genuine Thomastik Dominant strings, this outfit comes complete with a genuine horsehair bow and a quality hardshell case. The top of the Cremona line, the SV-800 features select, aged woods, and a handsome finish with very little restrictive property on the top, allowing the select wood to vibrate and generate a rich and satisfying timbre. It possesses a tremendous dynamic range and it plays like a dream. The SV-800 is a viable instrument for the professional and a welcome treat for the student. Each instrument is setup to Cremona standards at their U.S. workshop.

FEATURES
Top: Aged solid spruce
Back and Sides: Premium figured solid maple
Neck: Solid figured maple, unfinished in playing area
Fingerboard: Premium ebony
Fittings: Hill-style premium Boxwood pegs, premium ebony nut and saddle
Tailpiece: Hill-style finest Boxwood with E fine tuner
Chin Rest: Guarneri-style Boxwood
Bridge: Finest Aubert aged maple
Purfling: Inlaid wood
Strings: Thomastik Dominant
Finish: Aged old-style orange varnish
Bow: Pernambuco with horsehair
Case: Lightweight oblong rigid foam with four bow holders and hygrometer
Sizes: 4/4

00.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited:
And I thought this site was for ukuleles....

....and Guitars, Bass, Singing, Other Instruments, Song Writing, Audio / Video, Video Games, Sports, and TV and Movies!

I've seen plenty of "for sale" posts here, for instruments other than ukuleles. So, I didn't think it would be an issue to post a violin for sale. Many people who play ukuleles play other instruments too. Or, they my have a son, daughter, or significant other that does. And, they my be looking for a great deal from someone that has been proven to be a trustworthy seller here.

Does it have a radiused fretboard?

Does it have a radiused fretboard?

Yes. All members of the violin family have very radiused fingerboards, because the strings have to be on different planes in order to bow them. You can clearly see this in the second to last photo I provided. I'll provide it again here:

08.jpg

Top Bottom