Miki Gakki?

snowdenn

Reaction score
This is kind of a long shot, I think, but has anybody heard of or dealt with a music store called Miki Gakki out in Osaka, Japan? I'm considering ordering a ukulele from them, but thought I'd see if anybody had any experiences to share.

They're online at mikigakki.com and on Reverb as Miki Musical Instruments. Unfortunately, they don't have any feedback on Reverb, so that's no help.

Reverb protects you, so does PayPal. I think you're safe.

I did a little digging, and apparently they're a bigger store, not a mom and pop shop. I ask because I'm considering ordering from them outside of Reverb (they have a site). As Jerry mentioned, their prices are pretty high for instruments available stateside. Japanese prices high. But they had one particular ukulele that had been near the top of my not-so-short list. So I contacted them and asked them if they could sell at a price competitive with US prices. They gave me a very decent quote, sent me more pictures and a video as well.

I hate ordering internationally thanks to the surprise issues and fees that sometimes happen because of customs, and just the nervousness that comes from having something fragile cross long distances. Not to mention worries about retailers/sellers that are too distant to easily deal with if something goes wrong. Plus I'd rather support a local ukulele store that I've yet to purchase from.

But I'm thinking about making the purchase.

Top Bottom