This is the most desirable Kanile'a concert I have ever seen

Does Kanilea make a hard case? Their 2019 Pineapple Platinum came in the cushy gig bag also.

My custom five string super tenor came with the 'new' Kanile'a hard case but i'd much rather have had this softer gig bag which I bet would offer more protection.

This -

Annotation 2019-11-11 184719.jpg

is a bit like the softer zippered Crossrock case and you wouldn't want to rely on it too much

Agree! Lots!
If I were to have that as a custom order, I might add a scoop cut-away...
Not that it's not already perfect...

I thought *this* was the ultimate Kanile'a ;-) . "However" it is a tenor :rolleyes:
JS-KanileaPersonalUke.jpg

The "new" Kanile'a cases look a lot like the ABS Ohana UCA-XX cases.

ohana-ukulele-new-abs-cases-uca-CB-front_2000x.jpg

My latest "thing" is to put a concert uke in a hard case, then zip the hard case into a soft tenor case like Fremont, Protec... Insulates somewhat from temp changes, which hard cases can't do, softens any impact which the hard case would take care of the rest of, IMO. Initially, I did this wanting an instant backpack & storage. But as Fall & Winter arrive, the insulation will be a good thing... ABS on the inside could be a bit better at maintaining humidity too.

My custom five string super tenor came with the 'new' Kanile'a hard case but i'd much rather have had this softer gig bag which I bet would offer more protection.

This -

View attachment 122774

Agree! Lots!
If I were to have that as a custom order, I might add a scoop cut-away...
Not that it's not already perfect...

I thought *this* was the ultimate Kanile'a ;-) . "However" it is a tenor :rolleyes:
View attachment 122776

The "new" Kanile'a cases look a lot like the ABS Ohana UCA-XX cases.

View attachment 122777

My latest "thing" is to put a concert uke in a hard case, then zip the hard case into a soft tenor case like Fremont, Protec... Insulates somewhat from temp changes, which hard cases can't do, softens any impact which the hard case would take care of the rest of, IMO. Initially, I did this wanting an instant backpack & storage. But as Fall & Winter arrive, the insulation will be a good thing... ABS on the inside could be a bit better at maintaining humidity too.

I really like yours. If I'm going to get Koa, I'll get koa top, not just sides for that money. I actually just love the sound of my cedar top Kala.

OMG, LOL... that uke is so very much *not* mine. I was just very lucky to get to hold it for a few moments... & play a teeny tiny bit... But no way I could or should have continue playing, w/ the guy in the background playing...

It belongs to Mr. Kanile'a :). It was stunning to see, hear, feel...

View attachment 122776

I really like yours. If I'm going to get Koa, I'll get koa top, not just sides for that money. I actually just love the sound of my cedar top Kala.

I did exactly just that & eventually chased this one Oha concert down & made it mine...

KanileaOhaConcertUke20190908.jpg

And I love it every bit as much as my Western Red "not-true-cedar" Cedar/rosewood non-Kanile'a uke... though I feel guilty for having an old-growth uke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom