Thread: This is the most desirable Kanile'a concert I have ever seen

Default This is the most desirable Kanile'a concert I have ever seen

Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

Beautiful! I'd prefer a nice hard case or no case at all. Putting a $2,400 uke into a "super nice Kanile'a gig bag" is not something I would ever do.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Does Kanilea make a hard case? Their 2019 Pineapple Platinum came in the cushy gig bag also.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Early this year my 2019 Kanile'a GL6 came with a ABS hardshell case. The prior year they had a molded foam case covered with fabric—sorta a rigid gig bag style.

My custom five string super tenor came with the 'new' Kanile'a hard case but i'd much rather have had this softer gig bag which I bet would offer more protection.

This -

Annotation 2019-11-11 184719.jpg

is a bit like the softer zippered Crossrock case and you wouldn't want to rely on it too much
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

Agree! Lots!
    If I were to have that as a custom order, I might add a scoop cut-away...
    Not that it's not already perfect...

I thought *this* was the ultimate Kanile'a ;-) . "However" it is a tenor
    JS-KanileaPersonalUke.jpg

The "new" Kanile'a cases look a lot like the ABS Ohana UCA-XX cases.

ohana-ukulele-new-abs-cases-uca-CB-front_2000x.jpg

My latest "thing" is to put a concert uke in a hard case, then zip the hard case into a soft tenor case like Fremont, Protec... Insulates somewhat from temp changes, which hard cases can't do, softens any impact which the hard case would take care of the rest of, IMO. Initially, I did this wanting an instant backpack & storage. But as Fall & Winter arrive, the insulation will be a good thing... ABS on the inside could be a bit better at maintaining humidity too.

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    My custom five string super tenor came with the 'new' Kanile'a hard case but i'd much rather have had this softer gig bag which I bet would offer more protection.

This -

Annotation 2019-11-11 184719.jpg
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

Quote Originally Posted by Wukulele View Post
    Agree! Lots!
    If I were to have that as a custom order, I might add a scoop cut-away...
    Not that it's not already perfect...

I thought *this* was the ultimate Kanile'a ;-) . "However" it is a tenor

The "new" Kanile'a cases look a lot like the ABS Ohana UCA-XX cases.

ohana-ukulele-new-abs-cases-uca-CB-front_2000x.jpg

My latest "thing" is to put a concert uke in a hard case, then zip the hard case into a soft tenor case like Fremont, Protec... Insulates somewhat from temp changes, which hard cases can't do, softens any impact which the hard case would take care of the rest of, IMO. Initially, I did this wanting an instant backpack & storage. But as Fall & Winter arrive, the insulation will be a good thing... ABS on the inside could be a bit better at maintaining humidity too.
    I really like yours. If I'm going to get Koa, I'll get koa top, not just sides for that money. I actually just love the sound of my cedar top Kala.

There are some very nice custom Kanile'a models here too - https://www.southernukulelestore.co....sult/?q=custom

But I think these Cedar topped Koa models are nicer

OMG, LOL... that uke is so very much *not* mine. I was just very lucky to get to hold it for a few moments... & play a teeny tiny bit... But no way I could or should have continue playing, w/ the guy in the background playing...

It belongs to Mr. Kanile'a . It was stunning to see, hear, feel...

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    I really like yours. If I'm going to get Koa, I'll get koa top, not just sides for that money. I actually just love the sound of my cedar top Kala.
    I did exactly just that & eventually chased this one Oha concert down & made it mine...

KanileaOhaConcertUke20190908.jpg

And I love it every bit as much as my Western Red "not-true-cedar" Cedar/rosewood non-Kanile'a uke... though I feel guilty for having an old-growth uke.
    Last edited by Wukulele; 11-11-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    keeping an eye out for a very special pre-owned concert....

Thread Information