Led K on a Moore Bettah with no strings attached!

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Great artist on an amazing uke.. the title will be clear once you watch it
came across this video while searching for slack key ukulele

I built that uke for Led Kaapana a few years ago. He does play with picks but even the uke I built for him in 2011 they are still pretty pristine. Remarkable given the touring he does and the workout he puts those ukes through. Here are some photos of the most recent uke showing the inlay details of his iconic hat and red boots.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_Led19.jpg
    DSC_Led19.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 45
I built that uke for Led Kaapana a few years ago. He does play with picks but even the uke I built for him in 2011 they are still pretty pristine. Remarkable given the touring he does and the workout he puts those ukes through. Here are some photos of the most recent uke showing the inlay details of his iconic hat and red boots.
It’s beautiful! A beautiful uke in the hands of an amazing artist!! I have seen the other uke as well in his hands, that one is amazing as well. Thanks to Chuck, I was introduced to Bobby Ingano and Led K. Hoping to learn a few slack key songs..

Here's Led thanking Chuck (sitting in the audience) for building his ukes. In the thumbnail pic are 5 UU members: Andrew Kitakis (owner/operator of The Ukulele Site) looming over Patchenu, leaning forward Hawaii 50, behind him and sitting tall is Big Phil, in the sunglasses is the luthier Chuck Moore.

Here's Led thanking Chuck (sitting in the audience) for building his ukes. In the thumbnail pic are 5 UU members: Andrew Kitakis (owner/operator of The Ukulele Site) looming over Patchenu, leaning forward Hawaii 50, behind him and sitting tall is Big Phil, in the sunglasses is the luthier Chuck Moore.

Thanks Greg for the video this was a good day hanging with Chuck and Bonnie(not in video)...Jennifer.Big Phil's wife also in the picture and Joel and Andrew....I guess you were filming...

I saw Led's Moore Bettah and it is in great shape ..he has taken it on tour everywhere with him(all over the World)....shows how Chuck's ukes can be beautiful and can be played hard and often...

Top Bottom