Thread: Led K on a Moore Bettah with no strings attached!

Default Led K on a Moore Bettah with no strings attached!

Great artist on an amazing uke.. the title will be clear once you watch it
    came across this video while searching for slack key ukulele

I would be afraid of scratching the uke with that fingerpick.

I built that uke for Led Kaapana a few years ago. He does play with picks but even the uke I built for him in 2011 they are still pretty pristine. Remarkable given the touring he does and the workout he puts those ukes through. Here are some photos of the most recent uke showing the inlay details of his iconic hat and red boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

That is beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore Bettah Ukuleles View Post
    I built that uke for Led Kaapana a few years ago. He does play with picks but even the uke I built for him in 2011 they are still pretty pristine. Remarkable given the touring he does and the workout he puts those ukes through. Here are some photos of the most recent uke showing the inlay details of his iconic hat and red boots.
    It’s beautiful! A beautiful uke in the hands of an amazing artist!! I have seen the other uke as well in his hands, that one is amazing as well. Thanks to Chuck, I was introduced to Bobby Ingano and Led K. Hoping to learn a few slack key songs..

Here's Led thanking Chuck (sitting in the audience) for building his ukes. In the thumbnail pic are 5 UU members: Andrew Kitakis (owner/operator of The Ukulele Site) looming over Patchenu, leaning forward Hawaii 50, behind him and sitting tall is Big Phil, in the sunglasses is the luthier Chuck Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by geetee View Post
    Here's Led thanking Chuck (sitting in the audience) for building his ukes. In the thumbnail pic are 5 UU members: Andrew Kitakis (owner/operator of The Ukulele Site) looming over Patchenu, leaning forward Hawaii 50, behind him and sitting tall is Big Phil, in the sunglasses is the luthier Chuck Moore.

Thanks Greg for the video this was a good day hanging with Chuck and Bonnie(not in video)...Jennifer.Big Phil's wife also in the picture and Joel and Andrew....I guess you were filming...

I saw Led's Moore Bettah and it is in great shape ..he has taken it on tour everywhere with him(all over the World)....shows how Chuck's ukes can be beautiful and can be played hard and often...
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Thread Information