In search of an aNueNue Light Bird Concert UC140?

etuke

Reaction score
I’m in search of an aNueNue Light Bird Concert UC140

Well... just when I thought my UAS would go into remission... now I need to know and just have to ask.

I have been captivated by the sounds of aNueNue as of late and I was able to play a Light Bird Tenor UT140 recently (and absolutely loved it!) So then I got to thinking... what does the Concert model of this sound like??? I have scoured the internet in search and even reached out to Matt from WOU and even he didn't even get a chance to capture it! Just the Tenor...

So, was anyone out there lucky enough to get a hold of one these Light Bird Concerts (UC140)? And maybe isn't getting the love that it needs and would like maybe like to sell it or trade, trade/cash for it?

Even if you don't want to let yours go, I would just love to know if you scored one of these Concerts and would be thrilled to hear/see a sound sample of it!

Thanks All! :)

Last edited:
I have the tenor version and really love it just as much as my Moon Birds. If two of these were to pop up for sale I would love to snag one as well!!!!

Last edited:
Going to bump this every now and then for a little while in hopes of finding someone who happens to own one of these or if someone happens to come across one and could point me to it would be greatly appreciated! ;) :)

My bet is to write Matt at World of Ukes, that’s where I got my tenor.

My bet is to write Matt at World of Ukes, that’s where I got my tenor.

I wrote him not long ago to ask about the possibility of another run of Light Birds and he told me that unfortutely Anuenue is not open to it at this time, although he hops to do so again some time in the future.

so sad

but they are producing the Lout, actually, which is quite the same as the light bird?

so sad

but they are producing the Lout, actually, which is quite the same as the light bird?

Per the Anunenue product page, isn't the Lout signature model all solid cedar and koa and not all solid cedar/mahogany like a light bird? Bet the LOUT sounds nice, but ugh, have you see a photo of the orange case? Ick. Still, I would be tempted to purchase one if it happened to pop up on the marketplace. I'd just have to hide the case, lol.

At one point I think Anuenue made a lesser version of the Lout that was laminate acacia body (I saw a few listings online for one anyway).

The LMC Lion model is all mahogany with a solid top, but doesn'thave the cool swoop to the body the birds have.

Last edited:
Per the Anunenue product page, sn't the Lout signature model all solid cedar and koa and not all solid cedar/mahogany like a light bird? Bet the LOUT sounds nice, but ugh, have you see a photo of the orange case? Ick. Still, I would be tempted to purchase one if it happened to pop up on the marketplace. I'd just have to hide the case, lol.

Well, at least no one would pick up your case by mistake if you were out with a group of ukulele players. They'd know which one was yours. :)

Yeah, I spoke with Matt from WOU a couple weeks ago as well... and was told the same as Shanmoon.

I also looked into the LOUT model that Caravelle spoke of and not only do you get an orange case but top face of the body is all orange too!??? You have got to be kidding that they actually painted the Cedar top orange as well!??? I guess that case makes sense now! As the case is the same exact color to match... I think they might have shot themselves in the foot with this one... But, we will have to see maybe it is the best sounding uke EVER! Heh.

And then yesterday I was watching a podcast from theukulelesite guys and watched the one about the aNueNue's and they mentioned very briefly that aNueNue are planning on doing the Moonbird Model in a Cedar top with Rosewood Back and Sides! Now this podcast was from last year so not sure if it will still end up happening or not or if it is in the works? Might have to reach out to the guys and ask! ;)

But, from playing the and now owning the Tenor Cedar top with Hog back and sides (UT140) I am HUGE fan! I need to get my hands on one of the Concert versions now!!! ;)

Yeah, I spoke with Matt from WOU a couple weeks ago as well... and was told the same as Shanmoon.

I also looked into the LOUT model that Caravelle spoke of and not only do you get an orange case but top face of the body is all orange too!??? You have got to be kidding that they actually painted the Cedar top orange as well!??? I guess that case makes sense now! As the case is the same exact color to match... I think they might have shot themselves in the foot with this one... But, we will have to see maybe it is the best sounding uke EVER! Heh.

And then yesterday I was watching a podcast from theukulelesite guys and watched the one about the aNueNue's and they mentioned very briefly that aNueNue are planning on doing the Moonbird Model in a Cedar top with Rosewood Back and Sides! Now this podcast was from last year so not sure if it will still end up happening or not or if it is in the works? Might have to reach out to the guys and ask! ;)
Oh man, there goes my annual bonus if they release a cedar top rosewood moonbird!!!

But, from playing the and now owning the Tenor Cedar top with Hog back and sides (UT140) I am HUGE fan! I need to get my hands on one of the Concert versions now!!! ;)

I think reaching out to the folks at HMS would be a good idea. They work with Anuenue and could at least let you know if it's a reality.

There is a video on the theukulelesite vimeo channel posted 2 seeks ago called "aNueNue Cedar Top Bird". It looks like a tenor Moon bird with a cedar top. The link is https://vimeo.com/372134790.

I wonder if it is one on the exclusives from World of Ukes https://worldofukes.co.uk/tenor-ukuleles/anuenue-ut-214-cedar-moon-bird-tenor-ukulele-exclusive) that someone traded in or something... I couldn't find anything on the HMS website about it.

Oh man! I just remembered... since you posted this now! My very first WTB post in the marketplace was last April for this exact model! But, sadly no one responded... How did I forget about that!? Actually, I think I know why! I blame it on the UAS!!!

I also sent mails to all retailers i know.
I have one tenor moon bird spruce top U 200, and wow.... it is absolutly fantastic even if it is not a ukulele that fits every hands, it does not play like a "traditionnal ukulele" but more like a very very very very clear and good classical spanish guitar.
I am also very very i,nterested in the cedar top... Even the LOUT, i find it very nice. But it is not findable to sell.

Hey All! Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there! :)

Giving my old post a bump as I have been “away” (from the forums) till today ;)... I have been playing my aNueNue Light Bird Tenor UT140 regularly and would still love to have a chance to own one of the Concert Light Bird models that was made the UC140.

If anyone knows of or has one that they would consider letting go I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for your time! Stay safe!

"Do they sell medication to help fight UAS"? If they do sign me up. By the time I am done I will have a ukulele in every different wood possible (lol). Good luck with your search. Hope you find one. I absolutely Love my concert moonbird.

@Ludwig.- Thanks so much for that option! I have looked at those recently and man they are super sweet too! I have been REALLY tempted! And honestly, they are selling an all solid KOA uke at such a reasonable price considering the craftsmanship of these ukes! I can't speak for the other lines (as I have never seen them in person) of aNueNue but the Bird series is just so dang impressive in all aspects! Well, to me anyway...

@CYN- Thanks! I hear ya! UAS is a real "disease"!!! I am personally going to make sure that it finds its rightful place in a big time medical journal someday! I think there's a Pulitzer in it for whoever does first! ;) That being right after the person who figures out how to stop this freakin COVID disease first of course!

I know it's a real long shot but hopefully one of these days this elusive UC140 uke will find its way to me! Or I just might have to see if I can find one of those KOA Birds used for the time being! ;)

Thanks so much!

Don't mind me ;) Just going to give this a "Bumpers" every now and then in the hope of bumping it at the right time to eventually find one of these elusive ukes! I won't give up! ;) Thanks UU! :)

Top Bottom