Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In search of an aNueNue Light Bird Concert UC140?

Question In search of an aNueNue Light Bird Concert UC140

Well... just when I thought my UAS would go into remission... now I need to know and just have to ask.

I have been captivated by the sounds of aNueNue as of late and I was able to play a Light Bird Tenor UT140 recently (and absolutely loved it!) So then I got to thinking... what does the Concert model of this sound like??? I have scoured the internet in search and even reached out to Matt from WOU and even he didn't even get a chance to capture it! Just the Tenor...

So, was anyone out there lucky enough to get a hold of one these Light Bird Concerts (UC140)? And maybe isn't getting the love that it needs and would like maybe like to sell it or trade, trade/cash for it?

Even if you don't want to let yours go, I would just love to know if you scored one of these Concerts and would be thrilled to hear/see a sound sample of it!

Thanks All!
    Last edited by etuke; 11-12-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Do they sell medication to help fight UAS?

I have the tenor version and really love it just as much as my Moon Birds. If two of these were to pop up for sale I would love to snag one as well!!!!
    Last edited by shanmoon; 11-13-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: always with the typos....
    UAS!!!
    • Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0 P/U
    • Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-My Favorite!
    • Kanile'a Custom Baritone, gCEA
    • Kala KA-SRT/MA, Michael Aratani Model, 5.0 P/U, gCEA
    • Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor
    • Anuenue UT200E Tenor Moon Bird
    • Firefly Concert Banjolele
    • Kanile'a KPA-C-PREM Concert
    • Anuenue UT140 Tenor Light Bird, AirAir P/U, gCEA
    • Anuenue US200 Soprano Moon Bird
    • 2nd Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-, lowG, my other Fav!

Going to bump this every now and then for a little while in hopes of finding someone who happens to own one of these or if someone happens to come across one and could point me to it would be greatly appreciated!

I also am really searching for one too..

DO they have plan to produce some more?

My bet is to write Matt at World of Ukes, that’s where I got my tenor.
    Ohana TK-35G, Kanilea K1 DLX tenor, Kanilea K1 SF concert, Imua ICN, Famous FS-5, Luna (Kiwaya L400), Islander AC4, Flea concert, Anuenue Light Bird cedar tenor, Kala Rumbler FL, The Rebel Double Cheesecake

Quote Originally Posted by FinnP View Post
    My bet is to write Matt at World of Ukes, that’s where I got my tenor.
    I wrote him not long ago to ask about the possibility of another run of Light Birds and he told me that unfortutely Anuenue is not open to it at this time, although he hops to do so again some time in the future.

so sad

but they are producing the Lout, actually, which is quite the same as the light bird?

Quote Originally Posted by caravelle View Post
    so sad

but they are producing the Lout, actually, which is quite the same as the light bird?
    Per the Anunenue product page, isn't the Lout signature model all solid cedar and koa and not all solid cedar/mahogany like a light bird? Bet the LOUT sounds nice, but ugh, have you see a photo of the orange case? Ick. Still, I would be tempted to purchase one if it happened to pop up on the marketplace. I'd just have to hide the case, lol.

At one point I think Anuenue made a lesser version of the Lout that was laminate acacia body (I saw a few listings online for one anyway).

The LMC Lion model is all mahogany with a solid top, but doesn'thave the cool swoop to the body the birds have.
    Last edited by shanmoon; 11-25-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    UAS!!!
    • Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0 P/U
    • Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-My Favorite!
    • Kanile'a Custom Baritone, gCEA
    • Kala KA-SRT/MA, Michael Aratani Model, 5.0 P/U, gCEA
    • Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor
    • Anuenue UT200E Tenor Moon Bird
    • Firefly Concert Banjolele
    • Kanile'a KPA-C-PREM Concert
    • Anuenue UT140 Tenor Light Bird, AirAir P/U, gCEA
    • Anuenue US200 Soprano Moon Bird
    • 2nd Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-, lowG, my other Fav!

Quote Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
    Per the Anunenue product page, sn't the Lout signature model all solid cedar and koa and not all solid cedar/mahogany like a light bird? Bet the LOUT sounds nice, but ugh, have you see a photo of the orange case? Ick. Still, I would be tempted to purchase one if it happened to pop up on the marketplace. I'd just have to hide the case, lol.
    Well, at least no one would pick up your case by mistake if you were out with a group of ukulele players. They'd know which one was yours. :-)

Yeah, I spoke with Matt from WOU a couple weeks ago as well... and was told the same as Shanmoon.

I also looked into the LOUT model that Caravelle spoke of and not only do you get an orange case but top face of the body is all orange too!??? You have got to be kidding that they actually painted the Cedar top orange as well!??? I guess that case makes sense now! As the case is the same exact color to match... I think they might have shot themselves in the foot with this one... But, we will have to see maybe it is the best sounding uke EVER! Heh.

And then yesterday I was watching a podcast from theukulelesite guys and watched the one about the aNueNue's and they mentioned very briefly that aNueNue are planning on doing the Moonbird Model in a Cedar top with Rosewood Back and Sides! Now this podcast was from last year so not sure if it will still end up happening or not or if it is in the works? Might have to reach out to the guys and ask!

But, from playing the and now owning the Tenor Cedar top with Hog back and sides (UT140) I am HUGE fan! I need to get my hands on one of the Concert versions now!!!

Thread Information