Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: What Ukulele Players Need

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    4,729

    Default What Ukulele Players Need

    This occurred to me last night while I was setting up my Amazon Fire TV stick. There are hundreds of channels available, including shopping channels. But there was one I could not find -

    THE UKULELE SHOPPING CHANNEL

    Just imagine, you tune in the channel and see your favorite players and vendors hawking ukuleles of all sizes and prices. "Buy now, and we'll throw in a hard case."

    Of course, they would also sell cases, tuners, tuning machines - everything ukulele related.

    Speaking of the Fire TV stick, with the hundreds of channels it offers, there is nothing about the ukulele.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Upper Hale, Surrey/Hants border, UK.
    Posts
    6,093

    Default

    You don't need a ukulele shopping channel, Jerry, you do well enough without one........
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    You don't need a ukulele shopping channel, Jerry, you do well enough without one........
    could you imagine?!
    Just Play

    Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

  4. #4

    Default

    You might as well just subscribe directly to the manufacturers and have them send you a new uke each week.
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    An airpark in NC
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Gah! I would run out of places to keep my ukes! It is hard enough to keep up with my recentlyh reduced collection! It would be like throwing gasoline on a fire!
    UAS!!!
    • Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0 P/U
    • Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-My Favorite!
    • Kanile'a Custom Baritone, gCEA
    • Kala KA-SRT/MA, Michael Aratani Model, 5.0 P/U, gCEA - might sell, PM an offer
    • Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor
    • Anuenue UT200E Tenor Moon Bird
    • Firefly Concert Banjolele
    • Kanile'a KPA-C-PREM Concert
    • Anuenue UT140 Tenor Light Bird, AirAir P/U, gCEA
    • Anuenue US200 Soprano Moon Bird
    • 2nd Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-, lowG, my other Fav!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    4,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    You might as well just subscribe directly to the manufacturers and have them send you a new uke each week.
    Another great idea - a Ukulele of the Month Club. You set the price range or style, and you get a new uke every month. That would be a bit to slow for me though.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    4,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
    Gah! I would run out of places to keep my ukes!
    Not necessarily! I have almost seventy in my bedroom, and I have them arranged so that there is a path to the bed, the dresser, the windows, etc. After I filled my closet, I had to resort to storing them on the floor. I thought of making a maze out of them.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Speaking of the Fire TV stick, with the hundreds of channels it offers, there is nothing about the ukulele.
    Amazon Video does have a number of ukulele documentaries, which are free to stream with a Prime membership.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    4,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattharrier View Post
    Amazon Video does have a number of ukulele documentaries, which are free to stream with a Prime membership.
    Thanks. I'll look for them.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Not necessarily! I have almost seventy in my bedroom, and I have them arranged so that there is a path to the bed, the dresser, the windows, etc. After I filled my closet, I had to resort to storing them on the floor. I thought of making a maze out of them.
    Isn't there a reality TV show about that?
    John

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •