What Ukulele Players Need

Not necessarily! I have almost seventy in my bedroom, and I have them arranged so that there is a path to the bed, the dresser, the windows, etc. After I filled my closet, I had to resort to storing them on the floor. I thought of making a maze out of them. :D

So instead of being a cat lady you're a uke guy? They'll be featuring you on American Hoarders or they'll be digging you out of there at some point lol

Nice, but that would never work for me. Not only do I insist that everything is in a case, it must be a hard case. That's one of my many personality quirks.
You also don't live in Los Angeles where, except when the Santa Ana winds blow, humidity hovers around 50%.

That made me laugh! Spreading them all over the house would be a real mess, and I'd never find what I want. I have the concerts and sopranos in the closet, and the tenors on the other side of the room. I wasn't being serious about the paths. Sorry for misleading you.

That's a relief. I know mansions seem to large for most of us but I think you would put one to good use.

Where did your wife fit into this? :)

Trying to ignore me, my incessant chattering and all my shenanigans. We've survived forty years that way. In the vision she might drop me and my ukulele off somewhere and then pick me up later. I hadn't really thought about it. The vision was incomplete.

Last edited:
Nice, but that would never work for me. Not only do I insist that everything is in a case, it must be a hard case. That's one of my many personality quirks.
How do you know which uke is in which case? And, wouldn't keeping them (naked) on display add to all of it?

Not necessarily! I have almost seventy in my bedroom, and I have them arranged so that there is a path to the bed, the dresser, the windows, etc. After I filled my closet, I had to resort to storing them on the floor. I thought of making a maze out of them. :D

I would pay an admission to see that museum!

Big sigh, when I first started out I had this image of myself, a ukulele in a beat up case, going out to play on the street corners and in coffee shops, doing open mics in bars. Just me and my uke, I didn't need anything else. That didn't last long. ;)

You got a nice case? :D

This occurred to me last night while I was setting up my Amazon Fire TV stick. There are hundreds of channels available, including shopping channels. But there was one I could not find -

THE UKULELE SHOPPING CHANNEL

Just imagine, you tune in the channel and see your favorite players and vendors hawking ukuleles of all sizes and prices. "Buy now, and we'll throw in a hard case."

Of course, they would also sell cases, tuners, tuning machines - everything ukulele related. :(

I thought that's what UU is all about. We don't need a TV channel. Just check UU regularly and UAS will be alive and well. :)

IIRC, for the Kindle FireOS (which is based upon Android) there is an app for YouTube (which was recently re-instated after Amazon and Google made nice again after being at odds for a while), and if you add that app to your device, and then open it and log in to your YouTube account, all of your channel subscriptions will be available.

This means that YouTube can be watched on your tv via the Fire Stick, and if you subscribe to the relevant channels, you can get all the temptation, eye candy and wonderful music from the comfort of your living room and/or home theater setup.

It might not be exactly like the Home Shopping Network or QVC, but if your phone or tablet is nearby, making a purchase will still have very low friction.

A similar viewing experience can be had with a Roku, AppleTV or other enhanced set-top box if there is no YouTube app built-in to your smart-tv.

I used to use a Roku for such things, but have fallen out of love with it and really have little time to hang out in front of a larger screen these days. Most of my media consumption is either on my laptop or on my phone.

IIRC, for the Kindle FireOS (which is based upon Android) there is an app for YouTube (which was recently re-instated after Amazon and Google made nice again after being at odds for a while), and if you add that app to your device, and then open it and log in to your YouTube account, all of your channel subscriptions will be available.

This means that YouTube can be watched on your tv via the Fire Stick, and if you subscribe to the relevant channels, you can get all the temptation, eye candy and wonderful music from the comfort of your living room and/or home theater setup.

It might not be exactly like the Home Shopping Network or QVC, but if your phone or tablet is nearby, making a purchase will still have very low friction.

A similar viewing experience can be had with a Roku, AppleTV or other enhanced set-top box if there is no YouTube app built-in to your smart-tv.

I used to use a Roku for such things, but have fallen out of love with it and really have little time to hang out in front of a larger screen these days. Most of my media consumption is either on my laptop or on my phone.

I sort of do this with Vimeo and YouTube. The HMS keeps me regularly enjoying new models and Ukulelefriend has me looking at older ones. :)

I guess either of the shopping channels could have an hour or two devoted to the ukulele. I store my bass ukes on the walls of my office/music/2nd bedroom, 25 now, with room to add another rack for about 7 more (4 on their way).

Bass Wall 1024.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. https://www.e-architect.co.uk/articles/home-theater-systems-and-how-do-they-work
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

You have great collection :)

Before looking around for ukulele accessories you should definitely grab a measuring tape or seamstress’ tape and measure the length and width of your instrument.

You have great collection :)

Before looking around for ukulele accessories you should definitely grab a measuring tape or seamstress’ tape and measure the length and width of your instrument.

That printer looks very similar to mine - although mine no longer works. I know it's not an iP4500, but it's similar.

Your work area is so much neater than mine. I'm jealous. :D

Didn't you have a Paul McCartney style u-bass at one time? I don't see it here.

I guess either of the shopping channels could have an hour or two devoted to the ukulele. I store my bass ukes on the walls of my office/music/2nd bedroom, 25 now, with room to add another rack for about 7 more (4 on their way).

Bass Wall 1024.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Mike,

What kind of board/hook system are you using? I notice the metal stripes, so I assume it's some sort of Track/Hook arrangement.

Is it available for sale?

Thanks

Didn't you have a Paul McCartney style u-bass at one time? I don't see it here.

Nickie, I think it's there, right in the middle of the nice collection, in red and black sunburst finish. Above the left front corner of the printer. I think, it's no. 12 from the right, if I count correctly. Would be curious to see that more closely, or to know which company it's from.

Top Bottom