New way of playing

jnicholes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was sitting in the car waiting for my mother. I had my ukulele with me. I was listening to a video game soundtrack. all the sudden, I was plucking individual notes in time with the music I was listening to. They were the right notes also.

I was like, "JARED! YOU GOT IT!"

This gave me an idea about how to improve my playing by combining individual notes with chords on the ukulele. Look at the video and you will see what I mean.

What do you guys think? Does it sound good?

Jared

I agree, Jared -- you got it! Very nice. Chord-melody playing is a great way to learn the fingerboard too. Thanks for sharing it!

Good for you. You've discovered a very well used technique for playing guitar and ukulele, mixing strumming with individual notes. If you search online for videos, you'll see how much it's used.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Sounded great! Way to go. :shaka:

I have not yet had that epiphany. But I'm working towards it.

I'm envious.

Hey everyone,

I was sitting in the car waiting for my mother. I had my ukulele with me. I was listening to a video game soundtrack. all the sudden, I was plucking individual notes in time with the music I was listening to. They were the right notes also.

I was like, "JARED! YOU GOT IT!"

This gave me an idea about how to improve my playing by combining individual notes with chords on the ukulele. Look at the video and you will see what I mean.

What do you guys think? Does it sound good?

Jared

That sounds great.

Top Bottom