Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Where's that Uke?"

Default "Where's that Uke?"

If you have identical ukulele case, how do you know what uke is in what case? You can use stickers, or you can do what I do and use labels.

I got two different snap hooks and a bunch or rings. Using name badge inserts, #5390, I printed the name of each uke, laminated the cards, and then found the right size clip for the particular case. Depending on the handle, I will use the large or the small.

I'll post links soon if the site lets me.

Cards -
    https://smile.amazon.com/Avery-Badge...3730230&sr=8-4

Large (3") snap hooks -
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small (2.5") snap hooks -
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Label - Laminated.jpg
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 11-14-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

All mine are in gig bags, that I write on, with a marker pen what is inside, apart from a couple of odd ones that don't need any form of marking to know what is inside.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

My cases are all different and shared between multiple ukes, so I can't solve the problem with labels. I have remember what I last used or look in side. Only once have I headed out with an empty case. Good thing I also have a car uke!

I keep my cases labled with my name, and on several (pending getting more made) I put my name and contact info on a pet tag which I can attach to one of the handles or strap rings. I have engraved aluminum tags (like these) on all of my luggage, carry bags, etc. They're small, readable, hardy and decent looking. Depending on the colour they can either blend in or stand out - the one with emergency contact info on my bicycling backpack is garish so it's obvious if needed. Mine are all round, but you can get other shapes. A dog paw to match a Cocobolo side-port, for example

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    I put my name and contact info on a pet tag which I can attach to one of the handles or strap rings.
    Good idea!
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I must be doing something wrong, as I'm actually reducing the number of ukes I own which is making them even easier to identify…
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    ... Using name badge inserts, #5390 ...
    Okay, I knew you had around 53 ukes, but 5390 (or more?!)!!!! Forgot to add a couple of zeros!

(I know, I know, just the tag number, but I couldn't resist.)
    Glenn

I just use different colored yarn on the handle. Low G is one color, high g is another even though the case looks the same.
    But I don't have a large collection, so I don't need a fancier system than that.

Player looking at his sole uke resting on the padded gig bag...immediate recognition!
    Have a good soprano

My whistling channel

This looks like a job for… Dymo Tape!

tumblr_inline_os194z2tR91tg5wat_500.jpg
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post
    Having a senior flashback: "I remember when Dymo Tape was state-of-the-art…"

Though the tape often had the sticking power of a Post-It. After a day of labeling, you'd often find little colored curls forming a Feng Shui haiku on the floor.
    Ha-ha, I laughed when I read this, thankfully technology has come a long way since those days!
    Grandma Penny

Thread Information