Connecting electric uke plus Logjam etc

BigJackBrass

Charlatan, Humbug & Imitation Humorist
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm new to amplified instruments. How new? Well, the Risa I bought has apparently been delivered but I'm still at work so I've not even seen it yet.

My current plan is to practice with the uke plugged into a tablet (my partner has conveniently upgraded her iPad, so I'm pinching the old one for now) using an iRig adapter and appropriate software, just so that I can experiment and get used to going electric without spending fairly blindly on amps and pedals; hopefully the software will give me enough of an idea of the different sounds to narrow the field when I do go shopping. One thing I have pencilled in to take a look at is a Logjam stomp box.

Something I can't grasp, however, and I've been unable to find any information about, is how you connect both an electric uke and an additional electric device such as a Logjam percussion box. Presumably a Y-shaped splitter is used, but if both instruments are going into the same amp doesn't that mean that any distortion and similar effects being applied to the uke will also affect the percussion sound? Obviously a bass amp will give a better sound for the stomp box, but putting that aside is it necessary to use separate amps or some additional hardware to avoid distorting the second instrument?

I suspect this is a very simple, basic thing and I'm simply searching incorrectly, but as I say I've been strictly acoustic up to now. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

That's very helpful, thanks. Answers a few other questions which have come to mind as I've started looking into the topic. Not sure it actually addresses the matter of connecting both a guitar/uke and Logjam into one amp without the distortion affecting both, however (unless the distortion effects were from pedals rather than the amp itself, as the diagram seems to suggest with pedals you'd just put them in the chain before the Logjam device).

Top Bottom