FS: Kanilea KCS -SS Premium Super Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafterGirl

Reaction score
For Sale - Kanilea KCS-SS Premium Super Soprano - Soprano body, concert scale neck. Beautiful koa, ebony fret board, Ebony slotted headstock, Gotoh Stealth tuners. SN# 0916-15538. Built in September 2016. Excellent condition, with one small crease on the neck (pictured). Currently has Worth Clear strings. Includes an Oahu hard case. Selling to save money for future project.
Here's an original video from HMS of this ukulele. https://vimeo.com/184093617

Selling for $900 shipped with case. Also open to trades of similar value concert or tenor or trade + some cash. CONUS only. Paypal for payment. PM me with interest/questions.

Attachments

• DSCF1851.jpg
    DSCF1851.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF1852.jpg
    DSCF1852.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF1846.jpg
    DSCF1846.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF1853.jpg
    DSCF1853.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF1875.jpg
    DSCF1875.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Pics of the serial number

Attachments

• DSCF1857.jpg
    DSCF1857.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF1861.jpg
    DSCF1861.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 27
Weird, I was literally just thinking about this exact ukulele today (and the KoAloha you sold after you got it) and thinking that I would love a long neck like either of those some day. Wish I could jump on this right now. You have had some amazing ukes! Good luck with the sale.

I followed the chain of ownership of this ukulele. Why does no one want to keep this? Is there something off with this specific uke other than the ding the original owner failed to disclose to any of her interested buyers?

Last edited:
Beautiful ukulele with zero condition issues, other than the pictured small ding in the neck (which was present & fully disclosed when I purchased it). Any interested buyers can PM me with any questions.

Just wanted to back up RafterGirl. I sold this uke to her, and it really is a great soprano!

Looks AMAZING, the satin neck offers great playability, and it sounds good too!

Thanks Mingus.
With regards to the ding on the neck, it’s very small and purely cosmetic. It’s not in a place that’s very noticeable, and it doesn’t affect playability in any way.

I was the second owner and there was no undisclosed ding on the neck when I purchased it. I didn't see any ding on the neck when I shot a "pan around" video of it when I listed it for sale here on the forums. I am still at a loss at when/how the ding happened after I acquired it.

The main reason why I didn't keep it is at that I hardly played it compared to my other ukes. It had a great sound and was very playable, but I decided that Sopranos were not my thing... I am mostly focused on Concerts and Tenors.

Thanks shanmoon. I'm in the same boat. I've owned 2 extremely nice super sopranos in the last 6 months or so, but have decided I'm just not a soprano sound kind of a person. I've certainly given the soprano sound a fair shot, with a KoAloha Special issue, and this Kanilea Premium. You can't get any better than that. If you've followed my ukulele journey on UU, you'll know I like to try out different things (sizes, styles, brands). Curiosity + some disposable income = lots of buying and selling. In the 2.5 years I've been playing, I've owned about 15 different ukuleles. Unlike some folks on UU who have large collections, I've vowed to keep my herd very small.

Price drop to $900, shipped in the CONUS, with Oahu hard case.

Last edited:
Hey folks. I’ve decided to look at trades of similar value or trades plus cash. Concerts or tenors.

Sorry to torture you CPG. This ukulele is sold. Thanks UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom