Anybody try DR Moonbeam strings

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I see String by Mail have a new set of ukulele tenor string. They are by DR strings which guitar players will be familiar with.

They are listed as Fluorocarbon strings. I will try some on spec on my next order, just. Ruinous if anyone has used these or seen them

DR UFT Flurocarbon strings. price is reasonable,

If its a guitar string you want to use for a uke, you may want to use one string lower. For G use D, C use G,E a B and E for the A. Will be better tension. I use T-I strings on my tenors and baris with this combo and works well.

I saw these on Musician's Friend a while back. I didn't try them though. For what it's worth, they use the same gauges as the D'addario carbon (fluorocarbon) strings....so not sure what, if any, the difference would be. DR usually makes their own strings, but I would guess they get these elsewhere.

Yes, when they arrive I will comment. The DR moonbeams are ukulele sets. As pointed out gauges are like DAddario fluro. Different company. I like trying different strings so why not. Cheapest thing you can do to a ukulele to change the tone

Hey there! I just put a set of moonbeams on my concert fluke! I actually haven't had the stings or the fluke for that long (prob only a week) but they sound bright and have a nice ring :) Now I'm not sure if this is because of the strings or the fluke, but compared to the Martin fluorocarbons I have on the Kiwaya KSU-1L long neck soprano, they sound louder with more of a bite, like more punchy maybe? I could probably give a better comparison if I had tried other strings on the fluke before, but I think the ones it came with were kind of old and stretched out bc the instrument had been sitting in storage for a while (it was kind of dusty :( lol) so I took them off right away.

Top Bottom