November in the UK

Timbuck

Reaction score
This poem by Thomas Hood just about sums up what the weather is like here for the last few days :(

No sun - no moon!
No morn - no noon -
No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day.
No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member -
No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -
November!

Thomas Hood

November? Hell, I've been here five years now and that's pretty much every month, save a few days here or there. I read that the Inuit people have a hundred names for snow, I'm wondering why there isn't a hundred names for grey.

Yeah, just recently it's been like living under a blanket. The forecast is for clear skies on Monday - YAY! I think I'll jump in the car and drive westerly, until I reach the hills and mountains of Wales.

John Colter.

All that AND Brexit! You must all have amazing intestinal fortitude :)

Last edited:
Not really - you ought to hear us moan....

I still have a few flowers in the garden; daisies, rudbeckia, leopard's bane, season-blind nasturtiums. They can be dimly observed through windows streaming with rain. And the weeds! They never rest...

South coast of Cornwall btw.

Clear sky

Sun shining

10 degrees C

What is not to love about life here in the UK?

I was in North Wales yesterday, raining most of the day, visibility in the mountains down to 20 metres at times. Still great, rain is only an issue if you're wearing the wrong clothes!

The weather forecast was dead right. Today was sunny and pleasant, so I took advantage of this respite from the gloom. North Wales was very welcoming and it was a great pleasure to drive up and over the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen.

John Colter
Near Llangollen, North Wales.jpg

Top Bottom