Season 405 Pennies On The Singing Detective's Collar

"my woman" by al bowlly, from "pennies from heaven" (the song was originally by bing crosby)

Sigh...Little bitty pretty one. come on along with me... how often will this be a Season match? I adore that song, But yeah, no one would watch it so I will hum it to myself and hope someone else posts it. Along with many others this week. Nicely played.

Oh, and this is weird...but Pennies from Heaven and Bing Crosby. Bing was once a part owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates, back when they wore pillbox hats. I have one from the time as my dad was part of his legal team, given to Dad by Bing himself. I love that hat for sure. I should probably walk away entirely but that is hard.

Last edited:
Morning folks. Have caught up with the fine Seasonista-ing you have brought so far and playlist is up to date. Hopefully I will bring something myself at some point this week but for now I’ll leave the ball in your court :D

I have a little singing gig scheduled for next month with Lucy. We added a song to the set list today!

Bought a smile to my dial, great effort guys, very well done.:D

Perfect! Tonight is Week #4 of the "Making Music Club" that I've organized at my school. My 'lesson' this week is all about I-vi-IV-V, aka "The 50's progression"... Just so I don't have to look them all up (busy busy me today), can anyone spot any from the Singing Detective or Lipstick lists that use I-vi-IV-V ?

Perfect! Tonight is Week #4 of the "Making Music Club" that I've organized at my school. My 'lesson' this week is all about I-vi-IV-V, aka "The 50's progression"... Just so I don't have to look them all up (busy busy me today), can anyone spot any from the Singing Detective or Lipstick lists that use I-vi-IV-V ?
Sorry Joko, am a bit lost with the music theory stuff. Can anyone else help with which songs off the Detective or Lipstick lists use that progression?

GMTA.. I had not seen Bob's comment until just now, well after the incident reported during this hearing transcript:

Location: The Ministry of Labor for The Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Special Investigations division, Yangon.

Event: Incident Hearing in the Court of Labor and Music.

Magistrate: can you tell us your name for the record please?

Coach Leo: yes, I’m Leo Augustus and I’m presently working as a coach at EDULINK

Magistrate: and can you tell us what happened on the evening of the 19th of November?

Coach Leo: Yes, it was about 630 and I was just leaving the office when teacher Joko approached me with a ukulele in his hands. He asked me where I was going and I informed him it was time for me to leave.

Magistrate: and what did Teacher Joko say?

Coach Leo: he told me that I couldn’t leave because he needed me to play the guitar.

Magistrate: and Teacher Joko is yours supervisor?

Coach Leo: I guess. There is a dotted line on the org chart that connects us and he certainly tells us what to do a lot.

Magistrate: Then what happened?

Coach Leo: he handed me a piece of paper and asked if I knew how to play any of the songs listed. I think they were all from the 1850’s because teacher Joko had been talking about the I – vi – IV – V all afternoon and how it had been known as the “fifties progression”.

Magistrate: he spoke in Roman Numerals?

Coach Leo: guess I’m not sure how he did that, but the next thing I knew I was required to sit in a classroom surrounded by ukuleles, shaker eggs and various other instruments I could not identify. He projected the lyrics to a song I’d never heard before and didn’t know. I soon realized that teacher Joko didn’t know if either. Because he had no idea what the melody was. Anyways, I got through his off key singing, weird ukulele strumming but then the Kazoo started.

Magistrate: let it be known that Burma law for labor relations chapter four, section nine, subsection 12 clearly indicates that management shall not employ kazoos in the workplace. I believe we have video evidence. It must have been traumatic, was it not, Mr. August is?

Coach Leo: I remember thinking, I’m late for my dinner for this?

Last edited:
Good morning folks. You really are bringing some fantastic songs this Season. I will catch up on adding you all to the playlist later today as I've got a busy one ahead of me :D

One of the best songs from Lipstick on your collar... The British about to invade Egypt over the Suez canal crisis
It was done by the Stargazers Click the link to see the big production of I see the moon

Last edited:
Top Bottom