Thread: Loprinzi Owners Club

Default Loprinzi Owners Club

Donít know if there is a Loprinzi club, or not. If not, Lets start start one. I have three Loprinzi. A Model A Tenor Cheery, a custom Mahogany Concert with peg head tuners, and a custom Soprano with Spanish cypress back and side and spruce top. Donna makes a great ukulele at an affordable price. Thank you Donna for your hard work.

If you are a Loprinzi owner join the club.

Tom
    TomtheBaptist

I have 2 Loprinzi. I got them from France.

1- Soprano Nova. Mahogany. Hight G. Living water.
    2- Tenor Model D. Koa. High G. Living water.

It is a delight to play classic or finger picking. Not too much volume but not quiet. Perfect for me. It has great expressiveness whether you play delicately or with character.

One of my friends, renowned Spanish luthier (flamenco and classical guitars from Seville) was quite impressed when I showed him my Loprinzi. He didn't know anything about them (Donna/Augustino) but he knew that whoever built that instrument was a great luthier.

Soprano: Ken timms Style 0 Mahogany / Ken Timms Style 1 Koa / Loprinzi Nova
    Tenor: Kanilea K1-T / Loprinzi Model "D"

Quote Originally Posted by unrealdark View Post
    I have 2 Loprinzi. I got them from France.

1- Soprano Nova. Mahogany. Hight G. Living water.
    2- Tenor Model D. Koa. High G. Living water.

It is a delight to play classic or finger picking. Not too much volume but not quiet. Perfect for me. It has great expressiveness whether you play delicately or with character.

One of my friends, renowned Spanish luthier (flamenco and classical guitars from Seville) was quite impressed when I showed him my Loprinzi. He didn't know anything about them (Donna/Augustino) but he knew that whoever built that instrument was a great luthier.

Yes. Both Donna and her father, Augustine are great luthiers, IMO world class luthiers. Loprinzi ukuleles May be the best kept secret int the Ukulele World.
    TomtheBaptist

I sold my Loprinzi to my bestie, she plays it way better than I could. But I know Donna and Augie. Loprinzi was the 1st sponsor of TBUS, 10 years ago. They've donated a new uke to TBUS for our TBUG raffle every year.
    They are great ukes, and one day I may have Donna build me another. She is trying to shape a lousy neck on a cheap banjouke I own.
    There are at least 10 Loprinzi uke owners around here, and many more guitar owners. Now, Donna builds 10 ukes to one guitar. She and her assistant, Butch, stay very busy.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I have a custom mahogany concert. It's a wonderful instrument. It's definitely a tier above my other ukes (Kala, Islander) in the richness and complexity of the sound. Easy to play. I hope to one day acquire another one.

Love my walnut soprano! I've had it for maybe 7 yrs. or so. It's the instrument that put an end to my UAS. I'm completely satisfied. Great tone, beautiful craftsmanship and understated good-looks.

I think that LoPrinzi ukuleles are a great bargain.
    A little on the quiet side, (which is fine for me), but great sound, great intonation, and easy to play.

I bought mine used, but had a question, and Donna very quickly got back to me and was very helpful. She seems like someone I'm glad to support.

I bought a used 2017 Loprinzi FM-Custom Mahogany tenor not too long ago here on the UU Marketplace. I like it very much. In fact I took it to the GMUG festival this weekend and was asked by several ukulele players: "Who made it?" With comments about how nice the solid "quilted" Mahogany body was. Those that tried it out, liked playing it a lot. The wide 1-7/16" nut and the shallow D neck seemed comfortable to most, but a couple of players did comment that it was a little wide for their smaller hands. It's light weight and beautifully made.

I agree with Unrealdark that it isn't the loudest Mahogany tenor I have, not quiet, but not in your face loud. It has a complex, well-balanced sound, and is one of the few tenors that I prefer with re-entrant strings. I especially enjoy it for learning fingerstyle playing. It sounds great strummed as well. (I have Living Waters strings on it.)

All-in-all, it's a terrific tenor.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information