Loprinzi Owners Club

I am looking forward to hear more about it and seeing some pics when you get it. I have heard great things for years about LoPrinzi ukes, but have never played one. I agree that the clips sound great

I have a Sailor longneck soprano, Loprinzi's budget brand. Solid cedar top, with lam kawazinga back & sides. Has a rich soprano sound. I'm thinking that Loprinzi has possibly bailed on the Sailor brand, since they now offer a newer LM line of <$500 ukes, with similar solid/lam wood combos. They look nice too.

20211113_193109.jpg
20211113_193012.jpg
20211113_193031.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Curly Maple Nova Tenor with a nice wide neck. Nothing else I have heard compares. A friend showed me his Kanelea which cost him over 2 grand and my little baby just sounds so much more alive than that. You will not regret getting a Loprinzi, ever. Also, I have Uke Logic Hard Super Carbon strings on it and sheesh it's loud.
I've tuned it down 2 half steps and I think the sound is even better (you can do that with the super high tension strings)

Attachments

• 187106357_279913033914819_2490148059802114786_n.jpg
    187106357_279913033914819_2490148059802114786_n.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 189032873_207369064554002_1481050856460351439_n.jpg
    189032873_207369064554002_1481050856460351439_n.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 187990299_339379044187514_7577024803590128091_n.jpg
    187990299_339379044187514_7577024803590128091_n.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I had a concert mahogany Loprinzi. I loved the feel of it but I have never been that fond of the tone of mahogany (it was just a little brash/loud for me). After that I kept an eye out for other models of Loprinzi and ended up picking up a used MRS Spruce/Rosewood that I like, and it sounds great in linear tuning with a Freemont soloist low-g paired with flourocarbon strings. I like how balance it feels, and the more narrow neck profile. I am now considering selling my Kala Aratani Tenor since I picked this one up.

Attachments

• Loprinzi.jpg
    Loprinzi.jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have a Sailor longneck soprano, Loprinzi's budget brand. Solid cedar top, with lam kawazinga back & sides. Has a rich soprano sound. I'm thinking that Loprinzi has possibly bailed on the Sailor brand, since they now offer a newer LM line of <$500 ukes, with similar solid/lam wood combos. They look nice too.

View attachment 138100
View attachment 138101
View attachment 138102
Wasn't the Sailor line exclusively UkeRepublic's brand? I suspect that LoPrinzi decided to offer similar budget ukes under their own name.

They offer the LM models now which are solid top and the rest is made of Poplar with exotic veneer. I think they took over the Sailor models but not %100 sure.

I am hoping my solid Koa Loprinzi will be ready in a couple weeks or so.

My LoPrinzi story: A few weeks ago, after I’d expressed an interest in acquiring a Timms, a fellow UU member, TinPanFolly, sold me one. It’s so beautiful that I can scarcely believe it was built by human hands—a warm, lovely mahogany soprano. But I wanted some adjustments to nut & bridge so I could play it low-g, and I also wanted Gotoh UPT tuners. I live in Sarasota, and knowing that Nickie is in Tampa, I pm’d her for advice about a luthier. She directed me to Donna LoPrinzi. On March 23 (momentous day!), my husband & I drove up to Clearwater and she not only took great care of my Timms but sold me a gorgeous all-koa LoPrinzi Model A soprano with the signature maple stripe on neck and headstock. She even installed UPT’s on it as well. I was, and still am, completely over the moon! I’m besotted by these little jewels, my Timms and now my LoPrinzi. They’re both so perfect. I can’t tell you which has the lovelier voice. One day I think it’s the Timms, the next day I think the LoPrinzi. All I can say is thank you TinPanFolly, thank you Nickie, thank you Donna, and thank you Ken Timms. I’m humbled each time I pick one up, and hope some day to deserve them.

Last edited:
Nice story Patty. Nice connections made through the forum, ukes, referrals, service, etc. All coming together. Really nice. :)

Ha - I just typed Nice 3 times, make that 4. But that is what it is Right ? Seems like the right adjective for your experiences all falling together nicely. ;)

Nice story Patty. Nice connections made through the forum, ukes, referrals, service, etc. All coming together. Really nice. :)

Ha - I just typed Nice 3 times, make that 4. But that is what it is Right ? Seems like the right adjective for your experiences all falling together nicely. ;)
Yes! I should have added, “Thank you UU!”

Wow, those are two nice ukes! Would love to see some pics. Do the necks feel very different? The Loprinzis I've played had thinner neck profiles (top to bottom) near the nut, which I like.
The necks are both thin, 5/8 inch closest to the nut. As for the nut width, there’s a difference: LoPrinzi 1 3/8; Timms 1 1/2 or a hair under. May be 1 7/16 (I don’t have calipers). The necks feel very much alike in the hand, satiny but not slippery. I’ll send side-by-side pix later. I really don’t deserve these guys.

Last edited:
I think LoPrinzi ukuleles Are the best on the market. The quality Of build, the sound and intonation, ease of play, sustain, is Outstanding.

The necks are both thin, 5/8 inch closest to the nut. As for the nut width, there’s a difference: LoPrinzi 1 3/8; Timms 1 1/2 or a hair under. May be 1 7/16 (I don’t have calipers). The necks feel very much alike in the hand, satiny but not slippery. I’ll send side-by-side pix later. I really don’t deserve these guys.
Yes you do. If you don't feel that you play well enough, your beautiful ukes will inspire you to learn and get better.

Besides, you enjoy them so much. They are appreciated.

Great story.

I am having a problem getting an email response and wasn't sure if they were on vacation or something. Maybe my email is going to spam.

Donna doesn't like to email. I don't think she's ever read one of mine. She does text massaging very well. She texted me once to pick up my ukulele after some work was done, but I didn't know it for 3 days.

Wow, those are two nice ukes! Would love to see some pics. Do the necks feel very different? The Loprinzis I've played had thinner neck profiles (top to bottom) near the nut, which I like.
Here are pix, as promised--with the mahogany Timms soprano on the left and the koa LoPrinzi model AK-S on the right in all pictures. I've shown the fronts, backs, left sides, right sides, bridges at bottom, headstocks, and tried to show the rosettes and the neck profiles at the nut--zooming in will help. The Timms rosette is W-B-W and the LoPrinzi rosette is hairlines: B-W-B-W-B-W-B. I like the color contrast of the two sopranos: the deep moody Timms and the dark honey of the LoPrinzi. The LoPrinzi stripe on neck and headstock is walnut sandwiched between maple. I adore them both! (Apologies if any pix are duplicated. Had a few bumps uploading.)

View attachment 139839.Ukes fronts.jpegUkes backs.jpegUkes L sides.jpegUkes R sides.jpegUkes bottoms.jpegUkes rosettes.jpeg Ukes ront headstocks.jpegUkes back headstocks.jpeg
Ukes nuts.jpeg

Excellent photos Patty! I'm so tickled that we sent you to her. I can't wait till she forgets what I did, and promises to build me another!

They look good together. And they’re both beautiful, and you deserve them. Interesting that both sopranos are strung linear. I would never have thought to do that with a Timms. Do you have any sopranos in reentrant?

Top Bottom