Sales at HMS

They are also having a sale on the UkeSA Pineapple Sunday models. Lots of great deals currently at HMS!

They are also having a sale on the UkeSA Pineapple Sunday models. Lots of great deals currently at HMS!

Are these on the website or only in the store?

That's less than 10% off. Nice to get something off but is that really considered a great discount?

If there's normally their usual discount vs more discount, yeah in my book. But I get your remark. :) But I'm still a fan of HMS ;-)

That's less than 10% off. Nice to get something off but is that really considered a great discount?

It is a decent discount on items that are not often discounted. Likely everywhere is $1131 or close, so if you know you want one, saving $133 from a great seller is a good deal.

It is a decent discount on items that are not often discounted. Likely everywhere is $1131 or close, so if you know you want one, saving $133 from a great seller is a good deal.

It's nice, but not even a distant relative of Black Friday. It's always nice to save money. But the savings are minuscule. If someone was definitely going to get one, it makes sense to buy it on sale. But there really isn't a reason to jump on this otherwise. I am just surprised that anyone could get excited about such a small discount. Nothing less than 20% raises my eyebrow even a touch to entice me if I wasn't already going to purchase something.

It's nice, but not even a distant relative of Black Friday. It's always nice to save money. But the savings are minuscule. If someone was definitely going to get one, it makes sense to buy it on sale. But there really isn't a reason to jump on this otherwise. I am just surprised that anyone could get excited about such a small discount. Nothing less than 20% raises my eyebrow even a touch to entice me if I wasn't already going to purchase something.

Wow complaining about discounts(trying to be funny.) don't forget the free setup and shipping(on most ukes) but this is only me who thinks it is a good deal...I live on Oahu so I see it differently I can go shopping at the store...:)

I think they'll be giving those Pops Pineapple Sundays away free with every purchase soon. They seem to be impossible to shift.

I think they'll be giving those Pops Pineapple Sundays away free with every purchase soon. They seem to be impossible to shift.

This makes me very sad. I don't want to co-opt this thread to talk about this topic, but I have one of these, a concert sized UkeSA Pineapple Sunday, and it is positively delightful. Well worth the original full price, in my opinion, and an incredible deal at the current sale price.

Last edited:
This makes me very sad. I don't want to co-op this thread to talk about this topic, but I have one of these, a concert sized UkeSA Pineapple Sunday, and it is positively delightful. Well worth the original full price, in my opinion, and an incredible deal at the current sale price.

Well, all that really matters is that you like it. I don't think anyone can argue that they have been a great success commercially though.

I played a bunch while in Hawaii, including a few at the KoAloha factory, and they're really nice! I think part of the Pineapple Sunday thing though is that they're built by Pops, so it's hard for me to get behind an Opio-built model. I like the pineapple branding on the UkeSA models! Just don't think I was ever interested in the imports.

I have one with the tenor neck. I put a set of PhD low Gs on it. It’s a lovely instrument, not overly loud, but a sweet tone and exceptional sustain. In short I like it a lot. Oh, I had HMS do the full set up which is exceptional

Top Bottom