Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sales at HMS

I think they'll be giving those Pops Pineapple Sundays away free with every purchase soon. They seem to be impossible to shift.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    I think they'll be giving those Pops Pineapple Sundays away free with every purchase soon. They seem to be impossible to shift.
    This makes me very sad. I don't want to co-opt this thread to talk about this topic, but I have one of these, a concert sized UkeSA Pineapple Sunday, and it is positively delightful. Well worth the original full price, in my opinion, and an incredible deal at the current sale price.
    Last edited by Cluze; 11-19-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    This makes me very sad. I don't want to co-op this thread to talk about this topic, but I have one of these, a concert sized UkeSA Pineapple Sunday, and it is positively delightful. Well worth the original full price, in my opinion, and an incredible deal at the current sale price.
    Well, all that really matters is that you like it. I don't think anyone can argue that they have been a great success commercially though.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

I played a bunch while in Hawaii, including a few at the KoAloha factory, and they're really nice! I think part of the Pineapple Sunday thing though is that they're built by Pops, so it's hard for me to get behind an Opio-built model. I like the pineapple branding on the UkeSA models! Just don't think I was ever interested in the imports.
    -Ben

KoAloha Pineapple Sunday 6 String
    Kamaka HF-3 Tenor
    1928 Harmony Johnny Marvin
    Ohana TK-39
    c. 1970's Hikare Baritone
    Gretsch G9100
    Outdoor Ukulele Soprano #43

Videos

wow so tempting love the look of those

I have one with the tenor neck. I put a set of PhD low Gs on it. It’s a lovely instrument, not overly loud, but a sweet tone and exceptional sustain. In short I like it a lot. Oh, I had HMS do the full set up which is exceptional

Thread Information