Thread: FS: Pono Pro Classic Spruce/Rosewood Concert w/5.0 pickup & case

Default FS: Pono Pro Classic Spruce/Rosewood Concert w/5.0 pickup & case

SOLD: This is a Pono RC-(S)-PC I purchased from the North Carolina Ukulele Academy. I don't believe Pono makes these anymore due to CITES restrictions: It is a solid spruce top and solid Rosewood body with KOA binding, and a Macassar ebony faceplate, fingerboard, and bridge and a bone nut and saddle. The rosette is Abalone, and the position markers are pearl. Gotoh mini planetary tuners. Gloss finish. I had the L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup installed at the time of purchase.

Currently strung with Worth Browns and a Freemont Soloist Low-G. It came with a Ko'olau/Pono branded archtop hardcase. Not sure when it was made as I dont see a date stamped inside (although it may be hidden behind where the pickup battery is mounted). Will include an Oasis humidifier.

I like this little ukulele, but since I got another Moonbird Concert strung with low-G, I find myself hardly playing it. The Moonbird neck profile is just more comfortable for me as it is a bit thinner and overall the Moonbird is a lot lighter.

No issues that I can see. I've attached 2 photos below and a link to a YouTube video of me panning around the uke and playing it a little (pretty badly, as I have torn rotator cuff pending repair). Last known price at HMS for this model w/case and without pickup was $679.

You can see the an old HMS post of this model here to get a better idea of its sound.

Asking $550 shipped insured to the continental USA, Paypal F&F or add 3%.

Pono1.jpg Pono2.jpg

Last edited by shanmoon; 11-19-2019 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added info on gotoh planetary tuners and gloss finish
    UAS!!!
    • Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0 P/U
    • Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-My Favorite!
    • Kanile'a Custom Baritone, gCEA
    • Kala KA-SRT/MA, Michael Aratani Model, 5.0 P/U, gCEA - might sell, PM an offer
    • Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor
    • Anuenue UT200E Tenor Moon Bird
    • Firefly Concert Banjolele
    • Kanile'a KPA-C-PREM Concert
    • Anuenue UT140 Tenor Light Bird, AirAir P/U, gCEA
    • Anuenue US200 Soprano Moon Bird
    • 2nd Anuenue UC200E Concert Moon Bird-, lowG, my other Fav!

That sounds awesome for a concert.

Great wood combination. I have have a tenor Spruce/Rosewood Pono that sounds wonderful.

Best of luck with your surgery. Do your PT. It's just as important.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Default Sold!

Sold! Thanks UU!

Thread Information