FS: Pono Pro Classic Spruce/Rosewood Concert w/5.0 pickup & case

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD: This is a Pono RC-(S)-PC I purchased from the North Carolina Ukulele Academy. I don't believe Pono makes these anymore due to CITES restrictions: It is a solid spruce top and solid Rosewood body with KOA binding, and a Macassar ebony faceplate, fingerboard, and bridge and a bone nut and saddle. The rosette is Abalone, and the position markers are pearl. Gotoh mini planetary tuners. Gloss finish. I had the L.R. Baggs 5.0 pickup installed at the time of purchase.

Currently strung with Worth Browns and a Freemont Soloist Low-G. It came with a Ko'olau/Pono branded archtop hardcase. Not sure when it was made as I dont see a date stamped inside (although it may be hidden behind where the pickup battery is mounted). Will include an Oasis humidifier.

I like this little ukulele, but since I got another Moonbird Concert strung with low-G, I find myself hardly playing it. The Moonbird neck profile is just more comfortable for me as it is a bit thinner and overall the Moonbird is a lot lighter.

No issues that I can see. I've attached 2 photos below and a link to a YouTube video of me panning around the uke and playing it a little (pretty badly, as I have torn rotator cuff pending repair). Last known price at HMS for this model w/case and without pickup was $679.

You can see the an old HMS post of this model here to get a better idea of its sound.

Asking $550 shipped insured to the continental USA, Paypal F&F or add 3%.

Pono1.jpg Pono2.jpg

Last edited:
Great wood combination. I have have a tenor Spruce/Rosewood Pono that sounds wonderful.

Best of luck with your surgery. Do your PT. It's just as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom