December songs for a uke strum?

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm gathering songs for our December ukulele strum. Hopefully, we will get a range of tunes, including Christmas songs.

I'm looking for songs besides Silent Night, Dreaming of a White.., Frosty, I'll be home for..., Blue Christmas, Two Front Teeth, All I Want For Christmas is You, Grandma got run over.

What have you got?

Leon Redbone's Christmas Ball Blues from the album Christmas Island is worth a look. Apologies for not linking to the chords, but every time I try the site flags it as spam.

Google the Bytown Christmas songbooks. Lot’s to look at there. (I cannot make up my mind which was one to print.)

These are songs my group does for Christmas gigs.

This Little Light of Mine
Feliz Navidad
Hanukkah in Santa Monica (for inclusion)
I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas
Joy to the World
Mele Kalikimaka
Put a Little Love in Your Heart

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

click on the UkuleleBootCamp link below and there's a free Holiday pdf for you! :)

and anyone else who wants it! :)

Enjoy!

Here are a couple that I don't see much mention of. The Colbie Callait one gets a lot of play on the Sirius/XM Holly Channel

A oldie but new one to me that I'm learning this year is "The Spirit of Christmas" Chords

A more modern one is Colbie Callait's "Christmas in the Sand" Chords

(Charts not vetted for accuracy)

Last edited:
Try this...(I'm not associated):D:shaka:

Christmas Island is another winner. The San Jose Uke Club has a great chord sheet of it.

Are you looking for songs that people will know? If not, there are a number of festive staples here in the UK that may not have become so entrenched in the US holiday rotation (Paul McCartney, Shakin Stevens, Wizzard, and Mudd all spring to my mind when I think of Christmas music, but while they've survived since the 70s here, and are unavoidable during December, I don't know how well they've survived across the pond).

Are you looking for songs that people will know? If not, there are a number of festive staples here in the UK that may not have become so entrenched in the US holiday rotation (Paul McCartney, Shakin Stevens, Wizzard, and Mudd all spring to my mind when I think of Christmas music, but while they've survived since the 70s here, and are unavoidable during December, I don't know how well they've survived across the pond).

Each month we try to mix in 10% unfamiliar songs

Top Bottom