N(FM)UD: Enya Nova U light blue!

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Folks,

This is a gem. I posted a thread asking about possible car ukes, and jer (who commented several times) made his available at a very generous sale point. It arrived yesterday!

IMG_4223.jpg

The pastel blue was a bit stunning at first, but it grew on me very quickly. It's very sturdy, comfortable to hold and play, and doesn't sound like a plastic uke. (It also doesn't sound like a wooden or pure carbon-fiber uke. But it sounds like a ukulele.)

The sound isn't as robust as my cedar-topped Ohana or my Koa Flea, but it holds its own. (New strings may make a difference. See below.)

The action is spot-on. From the reviews baz and Jodi posted, I was expecting a slightly narrow and slightly radiused fretboard and got them both. It's extremely comfortable to play.

The stock Enya strings are fluorocarbon and a bit thin sounding, but I may stick with them for awhile. (Jer also sent along the spare strings and strap that come with the Enya, along with a shim to let me adjust action at the saddle if I choose.)

All in all, this is exactly what i want in a travel/car uke. It may be adorned with stickers from my festival and brewery visits ... eventually. I plan to play and admire it now in its original state.

Highly recommended, and thanks again, jer!

Congratulations and thanks for the well done review and your thoughts. For whatever reason I am weirdly enamoured with these Enya Nova ukuleles......in a good way :p

Top Bottom