Thread: NUD: 2019 Romero Creations Mahogany Concert C-M

Default NUD: 2019 Romero Creations Mahogany Concert C-M

The idea of a tenor sound in a concert size intrigued me and when I watched the ukulele site video ( https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...-c-m-9015.html ) I knew I wanted one. It was the first HMS video review I had seen where Andrew, Corey, and Kalei all said something very positive.

So I bought it on their review and I'm glad I did. The pictures don't do it justice. It's beautiful and has a special sound. It's close to a tenor in body size and also sounds closer to a tenor than a concert which is its total length. The HMS setup is perfect. I own both a Hawaiian made koa tenor and koa concert, and this one fits right in between - and is currently the one that makes me smile.
    RomeroConcert01.jpgRomeroConcert02.jpg

Wow, congrats, that thing sounds great! Romero sure has some cool ukes, and that concert model looks like a real winner! The 3" deep body (deeper than most tenors) really seems to give this uke big volume and projection. Plus, I prefer the traditional figure-8 body to the Tiny Tenor look.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 11-19-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    John

Congrats, it looks and sounds beautiful.

Is it comfortable to play? I had had a Cali Pineapple - big body, short neck - which for me was uncomfortable. I had looked at the Romero's and wondered if the same would be true.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    Congrats, it looks and sounds beautiful.

Is it comfortable to play? I had had a Cali Pineapple - big body, short neck - which for me was uncomfortable. I had looked at the Romero's and wondered if the same would be true.
    For me, it's quite comfortable. I'm tall with average size hands which was why I was interested in this concert/tenor style ukulele in the first place.

When I was comparing it to my tenor and my concert, the differences were marked, and for me mostly for the better. Also, after playing/practicing it for a few minutes, I probably was feeling/thinking of it as a tenor until I realize my fingers are a little more cramped up the fretboard.

Congrats, it's a beaut! I recently purchased the all laminate Romero Creations ST Concert Dan Ho and I love it! https://www.romerocreations.com/stl.

Because I love the tone/sound of the Romero concert, your ST Concert is now something I'm thinking about adding to my collection. (Okay, I seem to have a mild case of UAS.) I have an Enya HPL soprano I like a lot. Before I buy another, however, I think I'll sell a Tenor I own (Ohana TK38) It's only three months old but it seems to be getting neglected by me because of another tenor and especially the new Romero Concert.

Thread Information