Reverb

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Any words of advice. I'm going to try to sell a couple of ukuleles on Reverb. The same would be for the Ukulele Flea Market So far I've only purchased through Reverb.

Of course I'll post here also. Thanks in advance for your help.

From the buyer's side: take good pictures and respond to messages/offers. Taking offers is a plus. Nothing beats having what the buyer wants at a decent price, that trumps everything, but attractive pictures go a long way. Good luck!

Also don't forget to account for shipping, seller fees, and transaction fees in your pricing.

And shipping with insurance is a good idea. Last winter I shipped a uke that apparently cracked in the cold weather and I had to give a partial refund. I had not insured it so I lost a good bit on that one.

I have both bought and sold on Reverb. As said, take clear pix and I highlight any possible flaws (usually with an arrow on blue tape clearly pointing to any nick, scratch etc.). Also give a thorough description and slightly underestimate the instrument's condition, as two people may see condition slightly differently and this could result in a return, which would result in lost$ from reshipping. On a larger instrument shipping costs can be significant so consider whether you need to sell with a heavy hardcase (especially if you have use for the case). You may just want to safely doublebox and always insure. Size matters, so don't box larger than necessary. "Make an offer" does encourage folks (factor in a little leeway) and I have not been insulted by lowball offers. Look at your competition on the site for an idea on setting your price point.

Thanks to all for your advice/suggestions. I'm hoping to take pictures this weekend and at least post here. Here's hoping? :)

If I could add one more thing: please clean your ukuleles before shipping. Nothing crazy, maybe just wipe it down. I mean, I usually clean any ukuleles I get, even if they're brand new, but I'm a little surprised at the condition of even the new ukuleles I've gotten. Mostly dust, but I once got one with cobwebs inside of it, visible from the soundhole.

I recently bought a uke on Reverb...my first time shopping there. The description and photos were totally accurate, the seller was quick to answer my emails and accepted my offer and, finally, the uke was well packed and shipped out the next day. All in all, a great experience.

Top Bottom