Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Cocobolo Concerts Available

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,101

    Default Cocobolo Concerts Available

    There are six more Cocobolo concerts up for sale. Enter the lottery on Facebook if you want a chance to buy one.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/cocobolofamily/
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    I scored a lovely concert on my second try at the lottery. It will ship on Monday & I'm so excited! Looks like Kevin has some cutaway models for this next lottery.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019
    Cocobolo concert - 2019

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Capital District, New York
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    There are six more Cocobolo concerts up for sale. Enter the lottery on Facebook if you want a chance to buy one.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/cocobolofamily/

    Geez, Jerry, you scared the daylights out of me!

    With that header, I thought YOU were selling some of YOURS!

    I brought mine to the Open in at Proctors Theater in Schenectady, this past Thursday. Strings have settled in. Getting used to the radiused neck.

    Ran it through one of the other performers' LR Baggs Venue preamp, then into the sound system, and miced it with an SM57.

    With Howie on the mixing board, and a small performing venue (can seat 80, in the Underground), the sound was perfect. And the personal sound hole was amazing.

    So anyone thinking of a Cocobolo, get on that lottery list! (Jerry, if you decide to sell a concert, let me know; I might want to adopt another one - more likely, I'll have a friend who needs one.)


    -Kurt


    (Too bad I didn't record the set, since I did a Melanie Song, and it would have been great for the New Season!)
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

    Am I done?

    ...Maybe?...

    My YouTube Channel

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    So anyone thinking of a Cocobolo, get on that lottery list! (Jerry, if you decide to sell a concert, let me know; I might want to adopt another one - more likely, I'll have a friend who needs one.)


    -Kurt
    I'm glad it worked out for you. I have no plans to sell a Cocobolo, but he has frequent lotteries now.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    110

    Default

    When I first heard about these ukes it was prior to the introduction of the lottery, and although very keen I wasn't able to afford one at the time. Unfortunately, turning the ordering system into a Facebook group means I'm excluded, which is a shame. I do wish they would come up with something better.
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    When I first heard about these ukes it was prior to the introduction of the lottery, and although very keen I wasn't able to afford one at the time. Unfortunately, turning the ordering system into a Facebook group means I'm excluded, which is a shame. I do wish they would come up with something better.
    I think you can enter the lottery without using Facebook. Try here and tell Kevin you'd like to enter without using FB.

    https://www.cocoboloukuleles.com/contact-us
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Thanks, I might look into it. At the moment I'm focused far too heavily on choosing between a koa Fluke or a resonator, though
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    ...choosing between a koa Fluke or a resonator, though
    Wow, that's a big difference. Be sure to read resonator reviews. They can vary quite a bit - price, construction, and sound. I like the Gold Tone Resouke, one of many choices.
    https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldt...uments/resouke
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Wow, that's a big difference. Be sure to read resonator reviews. They can vary quite a bit - price, construction, and sound. I like the Gold Tone Resouke, one of many choices.
    https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldt...uments/resouke
    Yes, they aren't alternatives so much as a choice between which to buy first; I like both. The Gold Tone (metal or maple) is currently top of my list since I don't think I can stretch to a Beltona… and a National is way off in fantasy land for me.
    ‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’ - Samuel Johnson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    Yes, they aren't alternatives so much as a choice between which to buy first; I like both. The Gold Tone (metal or maple) is currently top of my list since I don't think I can stretch to a Beltona… and a National is way off in fantasy land for me.
    A couple of people I know have metal resonators, and I like the look. I converted an Enya tenor into a resonator. Interesting project.

    009.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •