Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cocobolo Concerts Available

Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    When I first heard about these ukes it was prior to the introduction of the lottery, and although very keen I wasn't able to afford one at the time. Unfortunately, turning the ordering system into a Facebook group means I'm excluded, which is a shame. I do wish they would come up with something better.
    I don't use Facebook. I just went to the Cocobolo Ukuleles website to join the lottery.

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    A couple of people I know have metal resonators, and I like the look. I converted an Enya tenor into a resonator. Interesting project.

Attachment 123080
    Don't remember seeing this one before. I really like it! You make your own resonator or did you buy and put it in?

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel;2193420[B
    ]I don't use Facebook.[/B] I just went to the Cocobolo Ukuleles website to join the lottery.

-Kurt
    I don't blame you. UU is a lot more fun. Fakebook is a wasteland. I can't stomach Zuckerberg.
    Getting on the website is smart!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    Don't remember seeing this one before. I really like it! You make your own resonator or did you buy and put it in?
    I bought the chrome disk, biscuit, and cone. It's tricky getting the height of the cone right because that determines the action. The biscuit goes on top of the cone, and the saddle goes on top of that.

005.jpg 006.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BigJackBrass View Post
    Thanks, I might look into it. At the moment I'm focused far too heavily on choosing between a koa Fluke or a resonator, though
    Get a resonator. Played softly they sound similar to a regular uke. Played harder, they sound more like a resonator. They are very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Wow, that's a big difference. Be sure to read resonator reviews. They can vary quite a bit - price, construction, and sound. I like the Gold Tone Resouke, one of many choices.
    https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldt...uments/resouke
    I tried a Goldtone at McCabe's. It was fairly quiet for a resonator. I have a Luna, which I like, though I think I should have it opened and ensure the rim is level and has some felt. I also have a steel National soprano which plays like a dream, and my custom Bluebird which I love. The Bluebird is much heavier than the National, however, which is surprisingly light.

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    80% of the sound comes from the resonator, and the really are precision creations. Since a National cone and biscuit can be had for $60, it would be a mistake to make your own.

According to an email from Kevin announcing the winners, he has number 413 for sale. It's a concert.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    According to an email from Kevin announcing the winners, he has number 413 for sale. It's a concert.
    That's interesting. I thought if the winner didn't want it, they would pick someone else. This is a chance for someone to definitely get a Cocobolo.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information