Cocobolo Concerts Available

I scored a lovely concert on my second try at the lottery. It will ship on Monday & I'm so excited! Looks like Kevin has some cutaway models for this next lottery.

There are six more Cocobolo concerts up for sale. Enter the lottery on Facebook if you want a chance to buy one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cocobolofamily/

Geez, Jerry, you scared the daylights out of me!

With that header, I thought YOU were selling some of YOURS!

I brought mine to the Open in at Proctors Theater in Schenectady, this past Thursday. Strings have settled in. Getting used to the radiused neck.

Ran it through one of the other performers' LR Baggs Venue preamp, then into the sound system, and miced it with an SM57.

With Howie on the mixing board, and a small performing venue (can seat 80, in the Underground), the sound was perfect. And the personal sound hole was amazing.

So anyone thinking of a Cocobolo, get on that lottery list! (Jerry, if you decide to sell a concert, let me know; I might want to adopt another one - more likely, I'll have a friend who needs one.)

-Kurt

(Too bad I didn't record the set, since I did a Melanie Song, and it would have been great for the New Season!)

So anyone thinking of a Cocobolo, get on that lottery list! (Jerry, if you decide to sell a concert, let me know; I might want to adopt another one - more likely, I'll have a friend who needs one.)

-Kurt

I'm glad it worked out for you. I have no plans to sell a Cocobolo, but he has frequent lotteries now.

When I first heard about these ukes it was prior to the introduction of the lottery, and although very keen I wasn't able to afford one at the time. Unfortunately, turning the ordering system into a Facebook group means I'm excluded, which is a shame. I do wish they would come up with something better.

When I first heard about these ukes it was prior to the introduction of the lottery, and although very keen I wasn't able to afford one at the time. Unfortunately, turning the ordering system into a Facebook group means I'm excluded, which is a shame. I do wish they would come up with something better.

I think you can enter the lottery without using Facebook. Try here and tell Kevin you'd like to enter without using FB.

https://www.cocoboloukuleles.com/contact-us

Thanks, I might look into it. At the moment I'm focused far too heavily on choosing between a koa Fluke or a resonator, though :D

Wow, that's a big difference. Be sure to read resonator reviews. They can vary quite a bit - price, construction, and sound. I like the Gold Tone Resouke, one of many choices.
https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldtone/instruments/resouke
Yes, they aren't alternatives so much as a choice between which to buy first; I like both. The Gold Tone (metal or maple) is currently top of my list since I don't think I can stretch to a Beltona… and a National is way off in fantasy land for me.

Yes, they aren't alternatives so much as a choice between which to buy first; I like both. The Gold Tone (metal or maple) is currently top of my list since I don't think I can stretch to a Beltona… and a National is way off in fantasy land for me.

A couple of people I know have metal resonators, and I like the look. I converted an Enya tenor into a resonator. Interesting project.

009.jpg

I don't use Facebook. I just went to the Cocobolo Ukuleles website to join the lottery.

-Kurt​

ksiegel;2193420[B said:
]I don't use Facebook.[/B] I just went to the Cocobolo Ukuleles website to join the lottery.

-Kurt​

I don't blame you. UU is a lot more fun. Fakebook is a wasteland. I can't stomach Zuckerberg.
Getting on the website is smart!

Don't remember seeing this one before. I really like it! You make your own resonator or did you buy and put it in?

I bought the chrome disk, biscuit, and cone. It's tricky getting the height of the cone right because that determines the action. The biscuit goes on top of the cone, and the saddle goes on top of that.

005.jpg 006.jpg

Thanks, I might look into it. At the moment I'm focused far too heavily on choosing between a koa Fluke or a resonator, though :D

Get a resonator. Played softly they sound similar to a regular uke. Played harder, they sound more like a resonator. They are very versatile.

Wow, that's a big difference. Be sure to read resonator reviews. They can vary quite a bit - price, construction, and sound. I like the Gold Tone Resouke, one of many choices.
https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldtone/instruments/resouke

I tried a Goldtone at McCabe's. It was fairly quiet for a resonator. I have a Luna, which I like, though I think I should have it opened and ensure the rim is level and has some felt. I also have a steel National soprano which plays like a dream, and my custom Bluebird which I love. The Bluebird is much heavier than the National, however, which is surprisingly light.

Don't remember seeing this one before. I really like it! You make your own resonator or did you buy and put it in?

80% of the sound comes from the resonator, and the really are precision creations. Since a National cone and biscuit can be had for $60, it would be a mistake to make your own.

According to an email from Kevin announcing the winners, he has number 413 for sale. It's a concert.

According to an email from Kevin announcing the winners, he has number 413 for sale. It's a concert.

That's interesting. I thought if the winner didn't want it, they would pick someone else. This is a chance for someone to definitely get a Cocobolo.

Top Bottom