Geared tuners for Flea

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Graphtec tuners on a Flea? I'm tired of of the stock friction friction tuners. $30 for a set seems pretty reasonable. The base of the tuner looks like it might be wider than the Flea headstock. That's the one dimension I don't find on their webpage.

If you don't like the Graphtec idea, what do you like? What have you tried?

I swapped out the stock Grover 2/3 tuners for Grover 6s. They’re still friction tuners, but they operate more smoothly than the stock tuners. I’ve been very pleased with the way they work.

Magic fluke has Pegheads look under menu, more products and then hardware and fun stuff.

Last edited:
I recently changed the stock Grovers for a set of Waverly friction pegs. Not cheap, but lovely to use and I think they look rather smart on the Flea. Mind you, I tend to dislike geared tuners (generally: the sharp-eyed may spot an exception in the picture below) so you may not share my preference.

Quite easy to fit too, with just a very slight chamfer needed on the outside of the peghead hole.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I like the “ears” on my Flea. So I’m leaning toward the Ratio tune a lele set. But I keep looking at other geared tuners.

Top Bottom